Sonic Electronix

Capture-3.jpg

Hows this boys! is the gross volume up towards the top, how much space there is after the port and stuff is put in? where exactly is that?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

The NET volume is what you need to look for. That is what the sub will see. And you could have used your first box you posted.. The reason it wouldn't drop lower is because you had 65" of port per cube. More port area = longer port = smaller box volume = even more port area per cube. Just keeps going. :P And the last one looks great. Is that really the woofers displacement?

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Capture-3.jpg

Hows this boys! is the gross volume up towards the top, how much space there is after the port and stuff is put in? where exactly is that?

Now try making one for SA8's and the appx. space you have.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

The NET volume is what you need to look for. That is what the sub will see. And you could have used your first box you posted.. The reason it wouldn't drop lower is because you had 65" of port per cube. More port area = longer port = smaller box volume = even more port area per cube. Just keeps going. :P And the last one looks great. Is that really the woofers displacement?

sweet thanks man! haha no it wasnt idk how i got that. i cant find the displacement of the woofer so i read on kickers website that an average 10" is .0334 so i put that in. now look at it man! i think i perfected it. it says that the net volume is 1.27 is that close enough to 1.5 that the manufacture recommends?? does it all look okay?

Capture-4.jpg

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Capture-3.jpg

ill try man! how do i go about doing that if the box is such a weird shape?? just type in a random numbers until i get the right volume that i have and then make a port for that? and would i use an aero port?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Capture-3.jpg

ill try man! how do i go about doing that if the box is such a weird shape?? just type in a random numbers until i get the right volume that i have and then make a port for that? and would i use an aero port?

the port width is a little narrow i believe. id try to keep it 2"+. try to make the boxs height shorter like around 13 or 12 and thats alot of port per foot. idk if it would work or not i never made one with that much though. i know the general rule is bettween 12 - 16 but i like to stay around 13 or 14 if possible.

Edited by new guy

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

Why would he make it 2" wide? He'd be in the same boat he was in the first post. There's no rule that I know of that limits ports to a 2" minimum. You just want to stay within a 9:1 height to width ratio to avoid tuning shifts. That's fine.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Here is some plans i drew up just for fun! don't know if ill ever build this but i had fun designing it!!

Capture-5.jpg

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif