DC Sound Lab

12" Level 4 w/ Level 5 Recone Enclosure

I've picked up a 12" level 4 with full level 5 recone. I've got a solid 1800w to put to this sub with a Cerwin Vega S2000.1 Stroker amp. It'd rarely be seeing the full 2000W and if it did it would be brief. I have a 4runner but want to keep as much cargo area available, not into competition, just like to bump it up some for the beach/camp trips in Hawaii Nei.

I've found some recommendations here and one was 2cu.ft. with ~32sq.in port area. I've come up with one that netted ~34hz tune(see below torres calc capture)

For 1000-1500 daily and 1800-2000 watts of occasional all music bumping, do you guys think this sub would do fine in this enclosure? I don't need the best, I just don't want to spend the time and money to build the box and be disappointed.

Main considerations:

- Space saving

- good, loud sound

- allow for safe taking of available power

DClvl4.png

I've posted this torres capture elsewhere on the forum, but I believe this is a more appropriate sub-forum for this topic. I'll go back and delete the other post so not to get reamed for double-posting.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by Uncle D

Cool, thank you.

However, something I never really put much thought into and just assumed port and sub back was best for my 90 4runner and have built my past few boxes like that. However, I've been looking around and sub up, port back seems to get the most votes. Would this be true for single sub? There's generally plenty of room to rear door and to roof in my truck.