Power Problems

i seem to be having power issues. for the past few days i have had my subs going in and out. but today i blew my two 30 amp fuses in my amp. when i went to get new fuses i put the new fuses in and turned on my subs and played a song and blew those immedately. im not sure why this is happening. any help would be appreciated.

i seem to be having power issues. for the past few days i have had my subs going in and out. but today i blew my two 30 amp fuses in my amp. when i went to get new fuses i put the new fuses in and turned on my subs and played a song and blew those immedately. im not sure why this is happening. any help would be appreciated.

do you have a capacitor on your system ? if you do check the voltage on that. some cars cant handle more then 12 volts from a capacitor.

my old system had a capacitor i turned up to 14.6 watts. and it worked in my car. my buddy bought my system so i could upgrade my setup and his car couldnt handle the 14.6, it blew the amp fuses when his car idled long enough to recharge the capacitor all the way.

610EUROs

do you have a capacitor on your system ? if you do check the voltage on that. some cars cant handle more then 12 volts from a capacitor.

my old system had a capacitor i turned up to 14.6 watts. and it worked in my car. my buddy bought my system so i could upgrade my setup and his car couldnt handle the 14.6, it blew the amp fuses when his car idled long enough to recharge the capacitor all the way.

How would you turn the cap down?

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm

How would you turn the cap down?

i dont kno what specific capacitor you are workin with. but on the one i had it was just a little hole in the top of the capacitor that had a screw inside that you could turn with a screwdriver. turning it changed the voltage up or down as needed.

610EUROs

Archived