Jump to content

6x8(5x7) plate components?


Babyjuice

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anybody used these. I see on audiosavings that kenwood has some and boston acoustics has some. Just wondering if they are a better upgrade then having 5x7s? Any info will help. Thanks!

BABYJUICE

Posted

You would be better served buying a good 6.5" comp set and getting an adapter than getting the 5"x7" speakers, you will get a much better quality of sound from a good component set. I'm not saying they're bad but your options switching over to 5.25" and 6.5" speakers will widen dramatically than trying to find good quality oval speakers.

EDIT: the biggest disadvantage is cone break-up at higher volume levels with an oval speaker vs. round speakers.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

No they have a 5.25 and a tweeter but its all adapted to a plate so it fits in the 5x7 spot...sorry I would post a link but im on mobile right. Now

BABYJUICE

Posted

I have a similar set up in the kick panes of my accord... they are the polk momo version. Its a 4' mid with a 3/4 inch tweet and xover all in the plate. a 4x6 though... they sound great.

I think it would be a great improvement over a oval speaker...

Posted

Yeah im probably gonna do that but make my own so I could pick out the components I want. Hopefully they sound much better which from What you guys are saying its going to sound much better

BABYJUICE

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1074 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...