Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 You could wire 4 speakers in series-parallel. That would give you your 2.4 ohm load with 4 speakers / 4 of your pairs.... That would leave you 2 more sets to wire in parallel for 4.8 ohms and 1 set to look pretty- or to use for backup. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 You could wire 4 speakers in series-parallel. That would give you your 2.4 ohm load with 4 speakers / 4 of your pairs.... That would leave you 2 more sets to wire in parallel for 4.8 ohms and 1 set to look pretty- or to use for backup. For the love of God please explain that to me like I'm an infant, I NEED to know how to go about this. The wiring aspect, example, Speaker 1 - positive negative ........................|..........|.................. Speaker 2 - positive negative ........................|..........|.................. Speaker 3 - negative positive Seriously, if I need to send you a PayPal gift, I will, I'm a desperate man. Google it
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 You could wire 4 speakers in series-parallel. That would give you your 2.4 ohm load with 4 speakers / 4 of your pairs.... That would leave you 2 more sets to wire in parallel for 4.8 ohms and 1 set to look pretty- or to use for backup. For the love of God please explain that to me like I'm an infant, I NEED to know how to go about this. LOL!!! 1st- are you SURE they are 2.4 ohm speakers? That is crazy to me. Do they each read that with the multimeter? Is there no sticker on them that gives the impedance? Let me get a quick write up together and I will get right back.... 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 You could wire 4 speakers in series-parallel. That would give you your 2.4 ohm load with 4 speakers / 4 of your pairs.... That would leave you 2 more sets to wire in parallel for 4.8 ohms and 1 set to look pretty- or to use for backup. For the love of God please explain that to me like I'm an infant, I NEED to know how to go about this. LOL!!! 1st- are you SURE they are 2.4 ohm speakers? That is crazy to me. Do they each read that with the multimeter? Is there no sticker on them that gives the impedance? Let me get a quick write up together and I will get right back.... Yeah man, ALL Polk MM series speakers are 2.7 Ohm, says so on the site, the box, and the speaker. (2.7 ohm is probably with the crossover and tweeter hooked up) The multimeter reads 2.4 ohm Google it
Guest Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 manual says 2.7 ohms. regardless, strange impedance they chose... manual for the lazy http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manuals/car/MMFullRange_MN1618C.pdf
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 http://www.jlaudio.com/header/Support/Tutorials/Wiring+Single+Voice+Coil+%28SVC%29+Subwoofer+Drivers/Tutorial%3A+Wiring+Single+Voice+Coil+%28SVC%29+Subwoofer+Drivers/287543 This will help... For the 4 speakers: wire 2 sets this way- + to + and - to - = that will HALF the impedance (to 1.2 ohms) that would give you 2 sets of Paralleled speakers. Then- wire those two sets + to - = that will double that impedance (back to your 2.4 ohm load) that Series the two sets together. Hence- Series Parallel (or Parallel Series in this case) For the 2 speakers: wire them + to - = again, that will double that impedance (to 4.8 ohm load) Series. No monies. :drinks: 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 manual says 2.7 ohms. regardless, strange impedance they chose... manual for the lazy http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manuals/car/MMFullRange_MN1618C.pdf That is CRAZY!! MONKEYLEG- what are you going to do for crossovers (if you have them). Changing impedance does crazy things to Xover points.... 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Nope. Give me a few minutes.... I will do a picture for you. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 manual says 2.7 ohms. regardless, strange impedance they chose... manual for the lazy http://www.polkaudio...nge_MN1618C.pdf That is CRAZY!! MONKEYLEG- what are you going to do for crossovers (if you have them). Changing impedance does crazy things to Xover points.... Here's the thing...I have no idea. This is my first time trying to wire more than one speaker to a channel. I assumed you couldn't run crossovers in parallel/series, so I was just going to run all the tweeters and all the mids separately and burned the crossovers at the cottage? It would be awesome if I could run 3 sets of components (3 mids, 3 tweeters, 3 crossovers) off one channel or even bridged. Or just a 2 sets, whatever equals less purchasing of amps. BTW, running crescendo 1000.4. Google it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.