Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Wait- you have 7 sets? Like 7 pairs... total of 14 speakers, right? 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 Wait- you have 7 sets? Like 7 pairs... total of 14 speakers, right? Yes. 14 mids. And 14 Tweeters. And 14 Crossovers. But you mentioned crossovers might not work. So I guess I'll settle for running everything separately, amps for mids and amps for tweeters. Google it
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Cool? 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 Cool? Excellent. So...no phase issues? Google it
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Shouldn't be: Need some of the Pros to chime in here on this- iirc, I heard or read some time ago you shouldn't wire parallel-series, just series-parallel... but I could be dreaming that. Need some additional input other than myself. And the other set of 2 speakers: 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 If I were to wire everything up, would I be able to see/hear any phase issues? So when a kick drum sound comes through, all the speakers should be popping out, and any out of phase speakers will be inverting? Google it
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 This I do not know. I really don't think you would have issues. I plan on wiring some of my own mids like this soon. I have wired subs like this PLENTY and have never had issue. Sounds fine, looks fine. Everything moves in unison- know what I mean? 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 This I do not know. I really don't think you would have issues. I plan on wiring some of my own mids like this soon. I have wired subs like this PLENTY and have never had issue. Sounds fine, looks fine. Everything moves in unison- know what I mean? Makes sense, and I'll be trying these wiring configurations before they're all set in and the wire is ran. Is it possible to run around 2 ohms with two of those Polk mids wired together? Or just 4.8 Ohm? Google it
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 Nope- wiring 2 together will either give you 4.8 ohms or 1.2 (NO!! Too low of an impedance for most amps...) You could run 3 together, but that just adds to the impedance even more. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 I see, and how does it work with crossovers, same wiring? The only reason I haven't tried any of this yet is because the speakers are too expensive to experiment with. Google it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.