Second Skin Audio

12" Rockford Fosgate P1 or 10" Sony Xplod 1100 watt

I have 2 12's currently in my ride, im taking out those 12's to put in my other ride, I have a pioneer 2ch brideable amp that I will be putting in there for now, its a small amp i think its only 100watts RMS 300watt peak, I have a sony xplod 10" 1100watts in a box already, a buddy of mine has a Rockford p1 12" in a box that he wants to trade me for, Which speaker should I keep for my little car given the amp and everything, The Xplod 10" or the P1 12" I got pictures below, and this setup is just temporary by the way but I wanna know if tradin my 10 for the p1 12 is a good deal or not

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_20111125_183852.jpg

First off welcome to the forum. Honestly if i were you making he decision i would probably take the rockford sub. Higher wattage sub and you might actually like the quality better. Have you ever thought about going bigger like for example, custom ported sub enclosure, or upgraded wires, or bigger amps or subs. Browse through this site you will see awesome products that people are using from SMD partners and more, you will see lots of advice on how to build and install. One thing i learned quick back in the day is that your box pretty much makes your install. If you have a crappy box or prefrabricated you are cheating yourself out of sound and quality. A good box will make your system shine even will a lower end sub... Good Luck Bro :drinks:

Edited by Toady

First off welcome to the forum. Honestly if i were you making he decision i would probably take the rockford sub. Higher wattage sub and you might actually like the quality better. Have you ever thought about going bigger like for example, custom ported sub enclosure, or upgraded wires, or bigger amps or subs. Browse through this site you will see awesome products that people are using from SMD partners and more, you will see lots of advice on how to build and install. One thing i learned quick back in the day is that your box pretty much makes your install. If you have a crappy box or prefrabricated you are cheating yourself out of sound and quality. A good box will make your system shine even will a lower end sub... Good Luck Bro :drinks:

Like I said this is only temporary setup, Im pulling out 2 12's and a 1500 watt monoblock amp to put in another ride and putting 1 sub in for now, and you say the Fosgate P1 has more wattage? but the specs say 150 watt RMS for the fosgate and the Xplod says 300 watt RMS, I googled it, are you sure about the p1 having more wattage?

I need some help deciding soon as possible, the guy is buggin me to trade today but I think i might be just keep the xplod because 150watt RMS vs 300watt RMS, Im assumin more RMS the better right?

Honestly man, do what you think is right, im not trying to change your mind. When it comes to rms yes 300rms vs 150 rms is more wattage. But when installed right in the right box the Rockford can handle more than 150 rms daily. Ive had customers throwing 600 watts unclipped to it all day years without problems. But like i said it also depends on enclosure and power thrown at it whether or not its been tuned right

Edit. Before i saw the vid posted. not trying to push rockford products, just between the 2 subs given i posted my opinion

Edited by Toady