99 Jeep Cherokee. 4 15's in a C pillar wall

The roof rack I bought needed paint really bad because it was really faded away so I started on that today.

IMAG0272.jpg

Primed it

IMAG0273.jpg

Thats all I got today because a storm came in and I had to stop because it looked like it was going to start raining. After it dried for a while I took it back inside into the garage, and shortly after it started to rain. I aim to finish the job tomorrow.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Finished painting my rack and put that and the light bar back on.

IMAG0275.jpg

Ready to be mounted back onto the Jeep

IMAG0276.jpgIMAG0277.jpg

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Went off roading with a couple of my friends this weekend

IMAG0283.jpg

The green Jeep is one of my friends. Our Jeeps are practically identical. We both have 3" RC lifts and 31s.

306168_3046429213697_1652163071_1947190_1642726347_n.jpg

This is practically the only action shot we got. All the rest were dark or blurry.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Been thinking about buying a cb radio to put into the Jeep lately. I don't know much about cb's so I did a little bit of research today but still didn't manage to learn very much about them. Right now I am leaning towards getting a Cobra 29LX LE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COBRA-29LX-LE-CHR-Chrome-40-Channel-Limited-Edition-CB-Radio-NEW-FREE-SHIPPING-/280819455124?pt=US_CB_Radios&hash=item416224d494

As for mounting the antenna, I can get a deal from a guy on a different forum on a cable and antenna mount.

As for the actual antenna, I will have to do a little bit more research before deciding on one. So far I know that like the length of the antenna affects the tune of the radio and is affected by SWR or something. I would like something that is about 4 or 5 feet above the top of my cherokee...which would mean the antenna needs to be like 6 or 7 feet tall. But if I need to go with a different height antenna to achieve better reception, I don't mind.

If anyone has any knowledge about CBs please chime in and give me suggestions about what to buy/how to set this up. I still haven't learned everything there is to know so any help is greatly appreciated.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

i know you can buy those cobras at walmart so i dunno how good of a unit they are,

really i can't help you much there because me and my dad only had motorola radios that we messed with and they were in his company truck,

i know he had some 1.5 to 2 foot antennas on his truck and they got pretty decent range, i'd say about 5 miles or so. but there were also some special channels with repeater towers that he could also use

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

i know you can buy those cobras at walmart so i dunno how good of a unit they are,

really i can't help you much there because me and my dad only had motorola radios that we messed with and they were in his company truck,

i know he had some 1.5 to 2 foot antennas on his truck and they got pretty decent range, i'd say about 5 miles or so. but there were also some special channels with repeater towers that he could also use

Well I mean cobra is a brand that has been out for 50 years so they seem like a good brand to go with, plus its what a lot of people are recommending that I get. And plus I don't need anything super fancy or long distance. I'm mainly going to be using this for communicating when I'm offroading in a large group and stuff. And I've looked around locally and found a listing on craigslist for a Cobra 29 for only $60 so I'll talk to the guy and hopefully get that one instead. The one I listed earlier is really nice and all, but maybe just a little to fancy and expensive since I'm not going to be using it very much. The 29 on CL is basically the exact same CB as the one I listed earlier except without the digital display.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

I'll be picking up a Bridgestone Dueler A/T 31x10.50x15 to use as a full size spare tomorrow. I'll be mounting it on top of my roof rack. I'll post pics once I get it

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Picked up my Dueler A/T today. its brand new and I'll be using it as a spare. I'll get more pics of it once I get it mounted on a rim and up on my roof rack

IMAG0290.jpg

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

replaced the o2 sensor, changed the oil, and added refrigerant to the a/c since my a/c has been dying on me a lot lately. Sad thing is the refrigerant didn't change anything and I still don't have air conditioning...which means my a/c compressor is going bad :(

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

probobly pretty common on these jeeps, mine blows cold but it squeals the belt when it first gets kicked on, and it overheats the engine if ran for a while

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Archived