Second Skin Audio

how are the digital design DD loaded enclosures and empty enclosures boxes?

thanks guys but building a box myself is not feasible for me. i dont have the time, tools, nor experience to make one that works and looks good like these.

i also dont want to use their 12 inch sub. i would like to use the sub i already have. im trying to match the best box for the sub i do have.

as for the smaller 8inch box, ill be using their sub that is included in that unit.

the sub i have may not be the top of the line or the best but i have one and it works fine for me. i just want to make sure the box selection is the best i can afford for now.

i think i can get the DD box for about 100 or less. it would be an empty version.

A Diamond Audio D6 sounds good in a pre-fab enclosure...

... ( I know through experience - the so-called " DIAMOND BOX " is nothing but a larger pre-fab )

So just order you a Pre-fab, Slot ported 12" enclosure... You'll be fine...

Matter of fact - you can go to a Pawn Shop that sells Car Audio and purchase you one from there...

Vehicle: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4-Dr

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9852

Front Stage: Kicker DS6.5s w/ (4) Power Acoustik NB.4s - Rear Stage: (4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s

Sub Stage: (2) 12" Lanzar OptiDrive 1232s - Custom Ported Enclosure: 6.81cuft Tuned @ 32Hz

Sub Amp: (1) Kicker KX2500.1D - Highs Amp: AutoTek AT-1200.4

Processors: Clarion EQ-746 & Clarion MCD-360

Wiring: Install Bay 1/0 Gauge ( Including Big 3 Upgrade )

Batteries: (3) EverStart Maxx's ( 750 CCA ) 1 In Front & 2 In Back

DJ's Audio Installation

Take a tape measure to it and figure out the Vb and Fb. Those would be the real determining factors as to whether or not it would be a good match. The box with the plexi looks to be a standard 4th order bandpass. Just as sealed/vented enclosures, some woofers don't perform that great in bandpass boxes.

i found the calculations. thanks for the heads up tho.

i found two sites that states how to do the calculations and it turns out that my particular sub is best suited in a 4th order bandpass box.

A Diamond Audio D6 sounds good in a pre-fab enclosure...

... ( I know through experience - the so-called " DIAMOND BOX " is nothing but a larger pre-fab )

So just order you a Pre-fab, Slot ported 12" enclosure... You'll be fine...

Matter of fact - you can go to a Pawn Shop that sells Car Audio and purchase you one from there...

it sounds like your experienced with this. thanks!

through another persons reply up top, i used a calculation for the sub i have and it turns out that the 4th order band pass that i looked at will work just like you stated. also the prefab box will save me a ton of time and headache. the box is only 40.00. I will not be using the DD box for my 12inch woofer.

as for the 8inch loaded box by DD, that might be a good unit for my car. i was wondering if anyone has used the 8inch DD loaded boxes before? or are currently using one now. will it sound fine in a honda accord trunk or will it be too small?

i bought a empty Digital Designs box and rather then using there 500 series woofers, i dropped a DD 1512 in it.. it sounded awesome considering most of my screws weren't air tight. ( oops ) but it played very well for a daily box.. i got a wicked deal on it and it looks good, but ALWAYS build a box if you can, huge difference.. im trying to get my self a car right now so if i get one real soon ill let you know how the box sounds once i do it right and not rushed like crazy lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

i bought a empty Digital Designs box and rather then using there 500 series woofers, i dropped a DD 1512 in it.. it sounded awesome considering most of my screws weren't air tight. ( oops ) but it played very well for a daily box.. i got a wicked deal on it and it looks good, but ALWAYS build a box if you can, huge difference.. im trying to get my self a car right now so if i get one real soon ill let you know how the box sounds once i do it right and not rushed like crazy lol

thanks for the reply.

if you can take pics of the install as well that would be great.

Archived