Second Skin Audio

2 8's or a single 10?

405ndn

i'm trying to get opinions regarding my sub. it's a RE SX 10 that i have being pushed by a kicker 750.1. i'm wondering if it would be worth it, output wise, to replace it with 2 8's. i've been looking at either the sundown sa-8 or the DD 1508. i'm really wanting a smaller box in my trunk but i don't think going with a single 8 would make me happy. i know my box would be a little bigger than the one i have now (1.5 cu ft tuned to 35 htz)if i went w 8's, but if the output would be better than i could deal with it. any help would be appreciated

Shouldn't even respond...since I seem to not know what I'm talking about...

But RE audio is a good sub...I prefer the XXX series...some serious bass behind them

Sundown is always my first choice, Had 2 Sundown Z12s...had to get rid of them because they were rattling both of my bumpers...the back bumper fell off...I lied I didn't get rid of them...I pretty much blew them up when one of my ground wires shorted out...learn my lesson the hard way. =( -Sundowns can also take a lot of RMS...they're beast in my opinion.

Not going to comment on the DD, sure someone else will though...never bought them.

Try checking out some DC subs. They are beasty as well. Got 2 level 4 12" DCs....some serious power there.

What kind of music do you listen to...that would answer your question on what size subwoofers you'd want to get... at least that's what I was told by several people.

Don't take any advice of mine in consideration until someone else comments on it...I'm a noob. PS...your box makes up like 70% of your sound quality....correct me if I'm wrong.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

this is my first RE sub and i think it sounds great. im just trying to make the most use out of the small amount of space i have available. i have all types of music on my ipod, from elvis to lil wayne (no country though lol). ive read alot of good things about both brands, i also thought about going with the skar vvx8 as well. i was just wondering if i could get more output from of a pair of subs rather than a single one, even though they are smaller. i am by no means a good box builder, but ill probably have a local shop build one for me...

I don't know all that much either, but two 8' have more cone area than one 10 so in my opinion you could get louder, but that also depends on your amp and box. good luck with your decision. :good:

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

this is my first RE sub and i think it sounds great. im just trying to make the most use out of the small amount of space i have available. i have all types of music on my ipod, from elvis to lil wayne (no country though lol). ive read alot of good things about both brands, i also thought about going with the skar vvx8 as well. i was just wondering if i could get more output from of a pair of subs rather than a single one, even though they are smaller. i am by no means a good box builder, but ill probably have a local shop build one for me...

Well like dax said...you gotta decide yourself...two subs = better than one...in most cases.

I never tried 8s...I was always a 10s fan...then I tried 12s.....and there is such a huge difference....I mean drastic difference.....but...8s can definitively pound, I've seen them in action...

and if you got the cash, then get that box made. Although building your own box can save you from $50-500....

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I don't know all that much either, but two 8' have more cone area than one 10 so in my opinion you could get louder, but that also depends on your amp and box. good luck with your decision. :good:

don't sell your self short. this is the answer i would give an i have been doing this for 15 years.

NEUMAN

Archived