Turn off "sound check"

I was out in my car testing a few songs, seeing if they hit good, I had them on a flash drive instead of my ipod since it was syncing and damn that shit was loud! It was only on volume 4 of 35 and it was bangin' pretty good. The difference between that and playing music off my ipod at the same volume was night and day. So I let the ipod finish syncing and went out there to test my theory and sure as shit, it played noticeably quieter than the same song on the flash drive. So I checked the EQ settings on the ipod and the EQ was off, but sound check was on....I turned it off while the song was playing and the volume increase was crazy. Won't be turning that back on anytime soon! I was ready to ditch my iPod Touch and go pick up the biggest capacity flash drive I could findlol.gif

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Lol I found that out too it was a night at day difference.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Yeah man, huge difference. But the kicker is that the feature doesn't even work good for it's intended purpose. I still noticed significant differences in the volume levels from song to song, it just seems to lower the volume a fixed db level across the board. I can't wait to see how my music sounds tomorrow yahoo.gif

Yeah man, huge difference. But the kicker is that the feature doesn't even work good for it's intended purpose. I still noticed significant differences in the volume levels from song to song, it just seems to lower the volume a fixed db level across the board. I can't wait to see how my music sounds tomorrow yahoo.gif

ikr damn apple lol. It has to lower the signal quite a bit because the difference is rediculous, like you said just a standard ? db decrease not an actual sound check at all.lol

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

i thought that was kinda obvious thats all the sound check is lol. im assuming youre just plugging it in through the headphone jack? not sure, but i dont think sound check is there when youre hooked up through the usb.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Sound check does work when the device is hooked up via USB. The EQ settings work, sound check probably does too.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Sound check does work when the device is hooked up via USB. The EQ settings work, sound check probably does too.

Mine was through the aux(headphone jack) when I was using it. And even if you're playing music directly from the speaker in the ipod/iphone itself it lowers the output substantually.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

lowers volume of all songs to the quietest track

Nope...there is a noticeable difference in volume from one track to the next, depending on the quality of the rip/recording, just as there is with it off. Its just alot lower output with it on. But the songs that are already quiet get even quieter. Good intentions/bad execution.

@jZeff - I dont use the headphone jack, I use the digital connection (ipod cable) from my deck ;) I know the feature can be enabled and it does something, but to say it works isnt exactly a good description cause if that were the case I should not have heard such a difference from one track to the next when I had it enabled.

Edited by SQMonte