Sundown Audio

Amp opinions

nbshazeezee

I had an AQ amp. But i need something to power a HDC3, soon to be 2 HDC3's. I have a 170amp alt, and an XS 5100 in under the hood, and a sprinter battery in the back. Give me you opinion on 2000watt amp under 450$

Ye dig, getting loud off little :D

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ 2200D - Replaced it, Works great

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

(2)XS 5100r under the hood & A 170amp alt

aq2200

/thread

edit; i see you already have the 2200. why you looking for a different one?

x2 this...what happened to the one you already have?

but yeah i would go with the 2200 again or maybe a crescendo bc2000 (if you're looking at staying in the same power range)

im not sure about the price but the DC2K will be perfect. and it does more than rated. :)

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

You can't suggest is since you do not even know the price, going off of my price sheet for DC...yeah...

OP has had a customer service issue with AQ, amp is floating somewhere, and he does not want to run AQ amps anymore. But...subs seem to be ok? :lol:

What are the voicecoil configurations of the subs? Because if you have a D2 now...are you wanting 2000 watts at 2 ohms nominal or will you have two D4 and looking for 2000 at 1 ohm?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You can't suggest is since you do not even know the price, going off of my price sheet for DC...yeah...

OP has had a customer service issue with AQ, amp is floating somewhere, and he does not want to run AQ amps anymore. But...subs seem to be ok? :lol:

What are the voicecoil configurations of the subs? Because if you have a D2 now...are you wanting 2000 watts at 2 ohms nominal or will you have two D4 and looking for 2000 at 1 ohm?

Yeah, shying away from Their amps, but man, i do love my hdc3. I have D1 voice coils. so ill be running at 2ohms for about a week until my second HDC3 comes in.

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

aq2200

/thread

edit; i see you already have the 2200. why you looking for a different one?

I had some problems with it

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

well i have not seen DC prices discussed on here. any prices are talked about in PMs with the dealers. So even if i knew the price i wouldnt have said. Also i have the 1.2K and judging by that price i figured the 2K was under 450. thats why i said that.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

You can always order the Crescendo Audio BC2000. But if not hearing back from the company is something you can not stand, then maybe you do not want to go that route. But the amps are beautiful, do rated, and are way in your price range.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?