SKY HIGH DC MONSTER GMC SHORT VID LINKED TO FLEXING SHOP WALL

What was your numbers on old setup with the 12k?

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

So i finally got something done on these door pods.

12doorpods.jpg

13doorpodstest.jpg

Just had to use the panel for fitment with the parking brake

these door panels are now off and and the sponge paint camo shit is coming off for a plain black...going for a cleaner look that isnt so crazy more of a clean look this time.

the sponge paint was cool for about 2 week then i was over it

16toppod.jpg

18otherpodfabric.jpg

17fabricstretched.jpg

19bothtogether.jpg

So I am about to put some resin on these and have these things sanded by the end of the day at least.

I might get my pillars started also.

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

I personally think this flat wall will be louder than a 4th order but thats just my gut i mean there are dude with 12 15" xls that do 159-160 and shit in 4th orders. so we will see i guess lol

I would prefer XLs because no matter what anyone says i think i can get just as loud with xls as a 5 though it does have lower motor strength you should see less rise in the box...they are lighter and easier to install hold up and less baffling. im crunched on space and a bunch of extra baffles will make it impossible to fit everything i want. like i said i have had both and i would prefer the xl do those reasons. i know the level 5s will be a tiny bit louder on the meter but when you think about rise in the box due to the motor force i think it would even out or even make it more spl for the xls.

Edit:

All those packages come from my ebay store. As soon as school ends ill move to amazon as well i just dont have enough time right now to juggle all this bs

next semester i have only 3 classes then i graduate so ill have a lot more time than this semester cause i have 6 classes

maaan, im sorry. idk wtf i was thinking. i wouldnt do a 4th order in there. i dont even know how you would do a 4th order in the back of that truck lol. i guess i didnt realize you were doing this in a crew cab. i read all this and replied before reading your old build. i read all 17 pages of it, commented, then came back to this one haha. yeah, i was thinking you might wall it when reading your last build. glad you decided to. and when i was talking about the 4th order with more XL's, i was thinking of the same person as you haha. so in a more educated, revised version of how you could go even bigger... camper top/4th order lol. but no, i know you use your bed. this truck is sick man, really looking forward to the new box and the added XL's and the 12k's. unless rise is real bad, i personally wouldnt even get a 3rd 12k. unless its just an extra for burps. but like i said, it just depends on your rise. 6k to each XL is a looot. thats even pushin it for the level 5's. but as i said before, really looking forward to seeing more progress. oh, and only 3 classes left til you graduate, congrats man. i wish i could have the type of money to do a build like this while still in college. props :drinks:

haha no worries man its a lot of info to take in hha.

The reason i figure the other 12k wont be a problem because they will be wired to 1 ohm for daily. but it will never get played at full tilt on a daily basis because i wont probably be able to take where itll be on a daily basis because ive sat in a 160 before and it made my body hurt lol so i dont really see that happening often. then for burps that will take it at .5 ohm at 52-53 hz not a problem.

thank you! i work really hard to be able to do this for myself so all these 14-16 hour days are so worth it when i see progress on my own build

What was your numbers on old setup with the 12k?

Before i stopped fucking with it it was low 153s with the drivers door open on music (throw it up pt. 2)

i never burped it because i do not have clean frequencies

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

Yeah I've been looking into the 1500 extended cabs with the 5.3L short box 4x4. Need to get rid of my malibu so I can have a fun vehicle that I can actually climb into and work on and be able to drive in the snow. The only reason I hold onto the thought of getting a Colorado is the length/width/nimble-ness of it in comparison to a full size.

31Interior.jpg

30Interior.jpg

I had to leave the drivers seat in cause no matter how much i do to this i will have to drive this every day lol im rollin super haggard right now

29Guttedrear.jpg

So i found this when i got the head liner out lol

34metalcrackingfar.jpg

33MetalCrackingclose.jpg

Just a little rip in the back corners nothing too serious but i thought it was funny

Gonna get to work on those pods ill have some updates later on in the day

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Yeah I've been looking into the 1500 extended cabs with the 5.3L short box 4x4. Need to get rid of my malibu so I can have a fun vehicle that I can actually climb into and work on and be able to drive in the snow. The only reason I hold onto the thought of getting a Colorado is the length/width/nimble-ness of it in comparison to a full size.

i agree with the snow lol god do i love my truck when there is 3-4 ft of snow on the ground lol its a beast

have you driven the newer like 03+ 1500s? those bitches drive nice as hell...well everything is smooth compared to my truck its just too big cant turn cause of my tires so i guess a 1500 feels like a chevy cruze to me. but if you havent driven one i would suggest doing so before making a decision they are really nice

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

i agree with the snow lol god do i love my truck when there is 3-4 ft of snow on the ground lol its a beast

have you driven the newer like 03+ 1500s? those bitches drive nice as hell...well everything is smooth compared to my truck its just too big cant turn cause of my tires so i guess a 1500 feels like a chevy cruze to me. but if you havent driven one i would suggest doing so before making a decision they are really nice

Yeah I figured when the funds get better I would test drive one. My dad has a 2007 2500 crew cab HD classic with the Duramax and Allison tranny in it and he loves it but I'm looking at the new body 07-09. Going to aim for one without the Bose since it will all come out anyways lol.gif. Part of looking into the 5.3 in a full size is because the Colorado with the 5.3 gets the same gas mileage and you have to get a custom alt for the I5's and it's a bitch to change out. Only other fear I have is that it sounds like the 5.3's have been having a problem straight up EATING oil. As much 2 quarts per 3000 miles trippy.gif.

One thing I want to point out to another fellow Sierra owner, and it is just a heads up, but with those door pods like that u will want to check your glove box clearance, as I can't open my glove box but like 2 inches if the passenger door is closed.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

pretty sure i read in there some where that you already purchase 6 XL's?? but if not ill have my 12 for sale, 9 of them have the carbonfiber caps all D1.4ohm...

i clamped around 1k per sub in my set up lol the coils havent ever seen hotter than 95deg they can take a ton of power :drinks:

looking good mane!

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

and im not sure who you guys wer referencing with the 12 - 15XL's...

:peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall:

i doing a 160.8 on the dash door open at 42hz from the C pillar still seating 6 people, not to mention that my passband is huge (i can play from 20hz - 60hz with authority doing a 151@20hz)my build was for music and demoing not a number machine..

i have twice the cabin area of a B pillar build... im not reaching the limits of my subs at all i demo for 30min straight at show and never heat anything up doing 159+ on music all day

:shrug:

good luck with the build man!

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-