Start of building my own computer

you can shock equipment without feeling or hearing it yourself. and damage doesn't necessarily have to happen right away. it can cause long term failure. i personally take the 3 seconds to ground myself rather than risk my equipment. but in the same respect, just because something IS shocked, doesn't mean it'll be damaged. still not a good sign tho haha

I agree it could potentially shorten the life span of the computer. I just never had them provided for me to use. If you have one, use it, better safe than sorry. :drinks:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

• 3 months later...

Took me forever but finally got another part ordered and installed for this build. I got 2-4gb G. Skill memory w/e ya call them. Don't know too much bout G. Skill but after reading a bunch of reviews I thought...oh what the hell. My m/b only supports up to 8 gb other wise I would of gone higher.

100_1037.jpg

100_1038.jpg

100_1039.jpg

gotta figure out the next step....what should I do next? This will be used for games and movies and the such.

G.Skill RAM is great on a budget and their higher-end RAM is still awesome. Great company to go with!

Have you picked out a processor for this machine yet? Depending on the games you play and your budget, you'll either want a dual-core or quad-core chip. AMD's Athlon and Phenom chips have dipped a little in price since the release of their newest ones, so you should be able to get a good chip at a great price.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

On a budget I would personally go with either of these since ur on AM3 platform.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103923

Btw, the black editions are really good at taking an OC. love my quad, and its a 2.8ghz BE am2+ (oc'd to 3.7ghz)

Renders videos pretty damn quick, use it alot for Air Video for the iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Havent had one issue playing any current games with it.

Not sure which brand ati/nvidia you wanna go with so I cant help you with a video card.

Click here to visit my UBL!

My feedback thread.

On a budget I would personally go with either of these since ur on AM3 platform.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819103727

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819103923

Btw, the black editions are really good at taking an OC. love my quad, and its a 2.8ghz BE am2+ (oc'd to 3.7ghz)

Renders videos pretty damn quick, use it alot for Air Video for the iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Havent had one issue playing any current games with it.

Not sure which brand ati/nvidia you wanna go with so I cant help you with a video card.

I wouldn't use either of those chips. The board he has is only rated up to 95 watts for the CPU and both of those are 125w chips.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103995

^^^ That quad-core is a 95w part. Slower stock speeds than the other two but it will still overclock quite high if you want it to.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I didnt look up the specs on his mobo, thats my fault. xD

Don't worry about it at all. I get way too into this stuff LOL!

I hadn't picked out a processor yet but I do like your recimendation. My question tho is if I go with this cpu, what should I look for in a video card?

It really depends on what you're doing with it and what resolution your monitor will be. You mentioned gaming but what kind of games would you play?

wtf is lolcats?

Archived