Start of building my own computer

Most 5.1 systems use the green/black/orange jacks. Green is front left/right. Black is back left/right. Orange is center channel and subwoofer.

The blue jack is a line-in for plugging in an MP3 player or some other amplified audio source. The pink jack is for a microphone input. And the grey jack is for 7.1 setups with middle surround speakers.

5.1 computer speakers use these jack colors as a standard. If you're using some other amplifier/reciever or are looking for a custom 5.1 setup that doesn't have these 3 jacks, you'll need adapters to be able to use the 3 jacks for 5.1.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

i was just gonna go with a sound card

By all means, go for it! :) I wound up getting a mid-range sound card for my desktop because on-board audio was lacking in the bass department. A dedicated card is definitely worth it if you're looking for high-quality audio.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

The only other thing that you might want to upgrade down the line is the graphics but in a machine like yours it's unnecessary for now. The on-board graphics on your chip are actually quite solid and should play GTA IV great and will tear through Need For Speed.

wtf is lolcats?

the graphics I am leaving alone for now, it plays GTA IV great, and Need for Speed runs flawlessly. Only game that gives me problems is Resident Evil 5. Other than that no complaints. Still tryin to figure out what to do with the other mobo I got layin around.

So here is the sound card I decided to go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102012. I went with this cause of the price and plus I know I can trust the company that made it. I'm sure the other companies are good two, but most I never heard of.

So here is the sound card I decided to go with http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829102012. I went with this cause of the price and plus I know I can trust the company that made it. I'm sure the other companies are good two, but most I never heard of.

Nice choice. I've got a Creative card myself. Careful when installing the driver for it. If you let Windows auto-detect, you should be fine. If you want to install Creative's driver, you can get the latest off their website. The Creative package also comes loaded with some extra junk so if you go that route be sure to only install the driver and the software you want, otherwise you wind up with 4 or 5 pieces of software you'll probably never touch.

wtf is lolcats?

Finally got my sound card today and the S.O.B dont fit. The sound card need a PCI slot. The computer I tried putting it in has 1 PCI E x16 slot and 3 pci x1 slots. I tried putting the sound card in the other mobo I have and what ya know, fits like a glove.

Finally got my sound card today and the S.O.B dont fit. The sound card need a PCI slot. The computer I tried putting it in has 1 PCI E x16 slot and 3 pci x1 slots. I tried putting the sound card in the other mobo I have and what ya know, fits like a glove.

It's a sign!

wtf is lolcats?

Archived