Second Skin Audio

Help building a box for 2 12" Kicker Cvx's

I need some help on how to build a box for two 12" Kicker Cvx'x. I am putting them in an F250 extended cab. They will be running off 1500 and I am looking for a daily driver set-up. I need info on what to tune it to? How many cubes per side? Maybe a design or two on how to build it my self or have it built. Also what type of port? Thanks guys.

Current Set-up:

* Two 12" Kicker Cvx's in a custom box tuned to 34 hertz

* Mb Quart onyx 1500.1d pushing my Kickers at 1 ohm

* Jvc Headunit

* Kicker Ks68 door speakers

* All 4 gauge wire

Personally, I'd build a single chamber single port enclosure for them. About 5ft^3 after port and bracing, tuned anywhere from 32 - 40hz (I would go low), depending on what music you listen to. 12 -14in^2 of port per foot, and you should be happy.

Hope that helps! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

i would shoot for about 4-5cubic feet after displacements and for daily 14-16 sq in of port per cube. tuned to mid to low 30s i like 32-30 but thats just me. :shrug:

Ok thanks guys. Do you guys draw up designs or no? If so can you possibly pm me one or 2. I have had systems and stuff just never built a box and I want to try. I have guys here that build but they want 200+ for a basic box. Thanks guys

Current Set-up:

* Jvc Headunit

* All 4 gauge wire

Ok thanks guys. Do you guys draw up designs or no? If so can you possibly pm me one or 2. I have had systems and stuff just never built a box and I want to try. I have guys here that build but they want 200+ for a basic box. Thanks guys

Well, there are several people around here that do designs, some for free, others that do it for a living. But yeah I can help you come up with something .

First, what are your dimensions? Length, width, and height that you can/ will use.

Next, go here and download this. It is a nice little helper. I'll try to show you how to use it.

Then, post up what your measurements are, and we will see what we can come up with for ya! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

I can go about 35-40 long by 18-20 high and then 18 deep. Ok I will download when I get home I am on my cell now.

Current Set-up:

* Jvc Headunit

* All 4 gauge wire

I heard tuning to 32 wouldnt be good for a daily driver setup is this true? I will be running them on 1500 watts all day and don't want to ruin the subs. Thanks.

Current Set-up:

* Jvc Headunit

* All 4 gauge wire

I can go about 35-40 long by 18-20 high and then 18 deep. Ok I will download when I get home I am on my cell now.

Okay. And what are you wanting to do? Subs facing forward? Facing up? And the port, forward, up, or to the side?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Since it is going into my truck the subs will be facing up. I want to hit the lows and get loud but don't want to free air or ruin my subs due to low tuning what do you rec

Current Set-up:

* Jvc Headunit

* All 4 gauge wire

Archived