Second Skin Audio

wanting to upgrade subs

ok ive posted about this twice but it appears i was in the wrong section. ill keep it short this time, right now im rocking a quantum audio 15" in a box i built that turned out too big but is tuned around 35 and sounds pretty good, gets pretty loud for the maybe 150 watts that are running to it from my jensen a220 amp my buddy is buying me a audiopipe 15001 for christmas, i dont want to keep my sub or box im using now was wanting to upgrade to 2 skar vvx-15s but also thinking 2 sa-15. which set of subs would work better with the AP amp and what box do they like? sub up port back is what i want but what size and tune would be best for that setup no comps in my future just want to be daily loud and low. my electrical is pretty basic right now, red top under the hood and big 3 done with JL 4 gauge. big 3 will be redone with 0 when i get the AP amp. as far as batteries im open for suggestions on what to use. ive always had basic systems in every car ive owned but i want to do this right. thats why ive turned to this awesome forum. when i get equipment together i will start a build log and take a lot of pics... im a pic whore too lol. ll be posting a pic of current box i built(my first) to see what everyone thinks. Thanks... PS anyone in the dallas ft worth area hit me up, im moving there in a month and it would be great to have some local knowledge. and to post pics from photobucket do i just post the link?

sundown is always a good choice

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

thats what i keep hearing, ive never heard or seen any in person so im excited to see what they will do

i had a set of sa12"S and wish i would kept em they did 145s on music on 1500rms and stayed stiff no matter what u therw at em or how hard u beat em...i have owned alot of subs and these are the only ones i was NOT afraid of hurting with to much power...they now are on a audipipe 3k doin 148s and the kid has no clue what the has or is doing...lol very good sound and and very durable subs ...u wont regret getting them...i know i didnt

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

thats what i keep hearing, ive never heard or seen any in person so im excited to see what they will do

i had a set of sa12"S and wish i would kept em they did 145s on music on 1500rms and stayed stiff no matter what u therw at em or how hard u beat em...i have owned alot of subs and these are the only ones i was NOT afraid of hurting with to much power...they now are on a audipipe 3k doin 148s and the kid has no clue what the has or is doing...lol very good sound and and very durable subs ...u wont regret getting them...i know i didnt

almost positive you just made my mind for me, what size box and tuning do the SA like? its going in my explorer so space isnt a huge concern, who needs a back window anyways

almost positive you just made my mind for me, what size box and tuning do the SA like? its going in my explorer so space isnt a huge concern, who needs a back window anyways

ive built about half a dozen boxes for sa12s

single = 1.97 cubes (my girlfriends build on 1,000w rms)

pair = 3.0 cubes, 3.35 cubes, 3.5 cubes, 4 cubes, 4.5 cubes

and the 2 best boxes(for a pair) were the 4.5 cube box and the 4 cube box

my own box for my own install was 4.5 cubes with a single 6" aero tuned to about 35hz, i had them ran on a saz-3500d @ .5, KILLED the lows, and sounded phenominal

the 4 cube box is a regular slot port with about 12.9" of port per cube, tuned to about 34hz, ran off a sundown 1500.1v2, gets real deep

tuning IMO depends on the actual vehicle, i have ALWAYS (in my own installs and installs i have done) had best results with 33-35hz tuning out of most trunk vehicles

my 2 separate SA-12 builds:

1st box i made, 3.5 cubes:

2nd box i did, 4.5 cubes:

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

ive built about half a dozen boxes for sa12s

single = 1.97 cubes (my girlfriends build on 1,000w rms)

pair = 3.0 cubes, 3.35 cubes, 3.5 cubes, 4 cubes, 4.5 cubes

and the 2 best boxes(for a pair) were the 4.5 cube box and the 4 cube box

my own box for my own install was 4.5 cubes with a single 6" aero tuned to about 35hz, i had them ran on a saz-3500d @ .5, KILLED the lows, and sounded phenominal

the 4 cube box is a regular slot port with about 12.9" of port per cube, tuned to about 34hz, ran off a sundown 1500.1v2, gets real deep

tuning IMO depends on the actual vehicle, i have ALWAYS (in my own installs and installs i have done) had best results with 33-35hz tuning out of most trunk vehicles

my 2 separate SA-12 builds:

1st box i made, 3.5 cubes:

2nd box i did, 4.5 cubes:

wow that second box was really putting in work! sa15 is what im going for, hopefully should be able to get some after christmas and then ill start my first build log. thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate it.