Second Skin Audio

Bracing Help Box Guide idea

SlamminBeats

is wood good for bracing inside a box? Ive seen ppl use those really long screws and those look alot more legit. Also how do you fiberglass the inside of a box to seal it up?

I think it would be a good idea to have a section pinned about what material is best for a box. For example, MDF or birch, and like what type of glue to use, and when you should use a thicker baffle. etc etc

is wood good for bracing inside a box? Ive seen ppl use those really long screws and those look alot more legit. Also how do you fiberglass the inside of a box to seal it up?

I think it would be a good idea to have a section pinned about what material is best for a box. For example, MDF or birch, and like what type of glue to use, and when you should use a thicker baffle. etc etc

i would rather use the long screws personally, you resin the entire inside and some people often like to add some glass to the corners and resin those, as for wood. i use MDF because thats what i like. some people like birch but at this point its personal prefrence. Loctite ||| IMO is the best wood glue along with nails works just fine and anytime you question your baffle ou should add more. never hurts

468x60drc.jpg

i would rather use the long screws personally, you resin the entire inside and some people often like to add some glass to the corners and resin those, as for wood. i use MDF because thats what i like. some people like birch but at this point its personal prefrence. Loctite ||| IMO is the best wood glue along with nails works just fine and anytime you question your baffle ou should add more. never hurts

well said. Do i need to pre-drill the holes? i have a nail gun and compressor

and yes adding too many screws/nails can be harmful.. after a certain point your compromising the integrity of the wood and making it weaker

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

hell i just used about 80oz of resin and 2 2x4's for my bracing, thing doesnt move a millimeter, single baffle too, although its way to small :pardon:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

yep lol its called all thread...and i like it alot better than wood for bracing :)

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived