Second Skin Audio

Bandpass 100 sq in Port in a Sedan! New Pics on #2

AmericanLegend

FYI, blowthrough is a term for trucks, not cars lol. seems to be some confusion on the 4th order design. wish i could help out, but im not too knowledgable with them. i know there are a few people on here that are though. hopefully somebody will chime in and help you out, or you figure it out. or else get ready to eat a big ass box lol. tuned in to see results. pics and numbers. good luck man.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

FYI, blowthrough is a term for trucks, not cars lol. seems to be some confusion on the 4th order design. wish i could help out, but im not too knowledgable with them. i know there are a few people on here that are though. hopefully somebody will chime in and help you out, or you figure it out. or else get ready to eat a big ass box lol. tuned in to see results. pics and numbers. good luck man.

I'm not confused at all and it's going well albeit slowly. A blowthrough can refer to a trunk car's subwoofers as well (i.e. woofer port through a ski hole...), don't you think?

Really, I'm anxious to see how it sounds. BTW the box IS huge lol

thats not so bad then i guess. Could be a bit bigger on the ported side, but smaller just gives you a bit more power handling capability (not that its a huge issue with a 4th order).

Might want to put some filler in the sealed side and mount the subs inverted though, then you can smell the motors if they get hot :P

I alrealy have the polyfil for the sealed side, plus i'm gonna put some on the ported side as well where you cant see it. Inverted is also a good idea, but unfortunately the subs won't fit that way because of the braces on the ported side.

Whoa! It's finally done and WHOA! The box is tremendous on the lows! The mid bass is reasonable, but when the lows come, the whole car makes a sound (shaking). The thing is unreal guys and even I was surpised at how much low and loud bass there is coming out of the port.

We're going to let the glue dry and the batts charge up and shoot some hd videos tomorrow. Just turned up on low volume makes the sunroof implode and explode. This simply kills the last box.

Will upload pics soon.

Also, I have one video in the dark at low volume, should I upload that too to show the quality of the bass?

Whoa! It's finally done and WHOA! The box is tremendous on the lows! The mid bass is reasonable, but when the lows come, the whole car makes a sound (shaking). The thing is unreal guys and even I was surpised at how much low and loud bass there is coming out of the port.

We're going to let the glue dry and the batts charge up and shoot some hd videos tomorrow. Just turned up on low volume makes the sunroof implode and explode. This simply kills the last box.

Will upload pics soon.

Also, I have one video in the dark at low volume, should I upload that too to show the quality of the bass?

i wanna see :peepwall:

Archived