Mechman Alternators

Mechman 270 Large Case TC

Love my Mechman 270 amp alt! I got it a while ago and did the Big 3 but never posted any pics! how could I!?

but im learning after reading here that I'm supposed to run a ground from the grounding stud on the alt to the batteries ground (disregard the mismatched electrical tape, that is hidden by covers). I was not aware of that and I ran it to the engine block instead. I'm not having any problems so should I just leave it there and add another ground from the alt neg to bat neg?

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Dang I thought I helped on this, Keep what you have and Add that run from ALT negative stud to battery negative post. Mechman has it there for a reason. :drink40:

Actually......

Don't ground it there at all! That's your exhaust manifold and will melt the insulation off your wiring. Your best solution is to run the ground from the stud on the alternator directly to the battery negative.

Glad you like it, that should give you the power you need now. If you have any questions call me or email.

Eric.

It shall be removed! Thanks! I was wondering about it..

Just don't want to see it melt down from the heat, best to just run the 1/0 straight from the ground stud to the battery. Just keep it away from heat sources, heat increases resistance and can damage the insulation of the cable.