New comps <$200

TerryBallou-Crawford

I have a 1999 Silverado, and its time to upgrade speakers.

The front pair are 6.5/6.75 and the rear are 4x6.

I'd like to spend 200 or less. I plan to get a RF Punch 600.4 to run them.

1)Should I spend 200 on the 6.5s and leave the stock 4x6s for now, or buy four cheaper speakers and have them all upgraded?

2)Depending on the answer to #1, what are the best (in terms of SQ w/ loudness)components for that price(~$200 for 6.5s or ~$100 apiece for 6.5s and 4s)? I've been looking at Diamond Audio, Arc Audio, Image Dynamics, and Focal. I don't want a main brand, and I assume that the low end of these brands is better than comparably priced models of main brands.

Thanks in advance for advice.

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71

Hertz HSK 165.3

JL Audio Slash 300/4

Fi BL15 Fully Loaded D2

Memphis 16-MCD1000

Focal makes nice gear as well as diamond audio. If you want better go with Hertz. I say upgrade all. You'll be much happier with the balanced sound over the half and half anyday. My .02

Edit: less than $200 is a small budget for any SQ equipment

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Yeah I know it is, but just about anything is better than what GM put in it. SQ is relative, and anything is an upgrade.

Would you go ahead and spend 200 on the 6.5s and leave the back for now or what?

Thanks

Hertz HSK 165.3

JL Audio Slash 300/4

Fi BL15 Fully Loaded D2

Memphis 16-MCD1000

Alright, so I'm considering going 300 for the front comps. Listened to Focal today, sounded good but a little bright. Going to Kansas City and will listen to some Hertz and Rainbows, hopefully next to some Focals.

Hertz HSK 165.3

JL Audio Slash 300/4

Fi BL15 Fully Loaded D2

Memphis 16-MCD1000

Alright, so I'm considering going 300 for the front comps. Listened to Focal today, sounded good but a little bright. Going to Kansas City and will listen to some Hertz and Rainbows, hopefully next to some Focals.

Go with the hertz. I had the rainbows and while i did like the tweeters on them better they couldn't really handle the abuse and I ended up blowing them. I have the Hertz hi energy's now and love them

RF T1652-s......I have them and love them.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Hey so I can get 2 sets of Hertz HSK 165.3 (last years model I was told) for 175/pair. Is this a steal?

Ray is the guy to ask about Hertz, he is Teh Masteh!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Archived