Sonic Electronix

I'm currently doing a new build for my 2001 Buick Century.

I'm planning on building an enclosure for four Kenwood KFC-W3013PS subwoofers on a Hifonics HFI2000D

Subwoofer: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33467_Kenwood-KFC-W3013PS.html

Amplifier: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22702_Hifonics-HFi2000D.html

I can design the box and whatever, but I really don't want to put forth the effort into figuring out all the sizes of wood I would need to make this build possible.

The dimensions for my trunk are roughly -

Width = 40 inches

Height = 18 inches

Depth = 50 inches

If anyone could help me find the dimensions for the box that I would need that would be great. Other wise I will just have to stick with making four sealed boxes and using more wood to combine them all in to one box. <_<

wel if your looking for a ported box then 16in high by 37in wide by 37.75 deep. 4 round ports 5in in daimeter and 10 in long. after all 4 sub in the box will be 10.02 cu ft tuned to 34.92hz. its a huge box. if you want sealed you could do a box 16in high 31in wide and 31in deep a slot ported box would be harder to do with how much more room you would need. the size difference between the ported box and sealed box is not much. i would go with the ported box, just my thought

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

wel if your looking for a ported box then 16in high by 37in wide by 37.75 deep. 4 round ports 5in in daimeter and 10 in long. after all 4 sub in the box will be 10.02 cu ft tuned to 34.92hz. its a huge box. if you want sealed you could do a box 16in high 31in wide and 31in deep a slot ported box would be harder to do with how much more room you would need. the size difference between the ported box and sealed box is not much. i would go with the ported box, just my thought

Would the round ports be inside the enclosure? Or would they be on the outside of the enclosure?

Archived