Sonic Electronix

I think those ones are 100. I think I listened to the pair in the price range right below. If you're looking at the wood ones I'm thinking of, they're like 900.

And next thing you know, I'm going to be called main-stream for my polk-audio home theater setup <_<

Edit: Ope. Those are the $300 ones.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

first place i searched for got those ones at 295.00 yea thats about the same as beats but true hifi headphone. beats cant touch them. and the pros are $600 for the 500s and the 1000s are 1700... lawl uh im gunna pass. the cheapest im seeing any of the wood ones for is 500. :shrug: out of my price range, seeing how i would almost never use them. true audiophiles on the other hand...

for an idea of general pricing here

first place i searched for got those ones at 295.00 yea thats about the same as beats but true hifi headphone. beats cant touch them. and the pros are $600 for the 500s and the 1000s are 1700... lawl uh im gunna pass. the cheapest im seeing any of the wood ones for is 500. :shrug: out of my price range, seeing how i would almost never use them. true audiophiles on the other hand...

for an idea of general pricing here

thx man im gotta go hear a pair now!!! imho quality is worth money not names :good:

Oh dear lord baby Jesus please help me to make this post concise and not sound like a flaming asshole.

The Beats by Dr. Dre speakers/headphones are the exact type of product Monster has been famous for producing for many, many years now. A quality, mainstream product with a price tag many times it's true worth. They take a mid-range product and simply market the hell out of it to mainstream to high-end buyers. I've worn every single set of Beats headphones besides the in-ears because I refuse to wear earbuds. They sound nice but they do not warrant a $300 price tag. Bose is the same way. I actually own a pair of Bose's QC-15 headphones purely because in my experience they posses the best sound reduction with the least amount of hiss/white noise. And they were given to me as a gift for Christmas when I didn't ask for them. Can't turn that down IMO.

Monster has done the same thing with Beats that they've done with nearly every other product I've seen them make. I mean, fuck, they sell 4-foot HDMI cables at upwards of $80 and boast that different cables, although they all adhere to the same HDMI specification, can provide higher quality video transfer than others in their own lineup. Their 400-series power wire with it's "flux tube", effectively decreasing the amount of copper in the jacket, lowering costs, and (through brilliant marketing) somehow doubling the price. And their Beats by Dre headphones. The same amount of bass I've heard from a $40 pair of Sony over-the-ear headphones with 5 times the pricetag. I've always been about a balance of function and form. The Beats have a certain style to them that appeals to a massive audience but they don't have the performance to be classified as a high-end headphone.

Now, onto the car.

I don't see this Beats by Dr. Dre sound system in the Chrysler being any more impressive than factory installed Bose systems or the Boston Acoustics systems found in the newer Camaros. It'll be better than your traditional "stock" system but much weaker and less impressive than an aftermarket one. Price/performance ratio is also huge for me and you don't get that with a factory installed "audiophile" setup like this.

Posted from my hand-assembled Windows computer.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

stock sound systems today are starting to sound exceptionally well. Better imaging, sealed pods for the speakers and more processing power than cars of 5 years ago even. My buddies new honda accord sounds damn good, if only they could get the rear deck more sound deadened! Probably not going to happen any time soon though due to car manufactures trying to keep everything lighter.

A lot of thought goes into stock sound systems nowadays. I read some stuff from Ford a while back and was impressed.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

stock sound systems today are starting to sound exceptionally well. Better imaging, sealed pods for the speakers and more processing power than cars of 5 years ago even. My buddies new honda accord sounds damn good, if only they could get the rear deck more sound deadened! Probably not going to happen any time soon though due to car manufactures trying to keep everything lighter.

A lot of thought goes into stock sound systems nowadays. I read some stuff from Ford a while back and was impressed.

me personally will never spend money on upgraded stock systems bc i will change cd players and add subs and door speakers so why pay for something ill just take out but thats me :shrug:

Oh dear...you know what was here...

ah yes, doesn't it feel nice. not to have fallen stricken by fancy marketing. :drinks: oh and i feel you summed it up very nicely.

Oh dear lord baby Jesus please help me to make this post concise and not sound like a flaming asshole.

The Beats by Dr. Dre speakers/headphones are the exact type of product Monster has been famous for producing for many, many years now. A quality, mainstream product with a price tag many times it's true worth. They take a mid-range product and simply market the hell out of it to mainstream buyers. I've worn every single set of Beats headphones besides the in-ears because I refuse to wear earbuds. They sound nice but they do not warrant a $300 price tag. Bose is the same way. I actually own a pair of Bose's QC-15 headphones purely because in my experience they posses the best sound reduction with the least amount of hiss/white noise. And they were given to me as a gift for Christmas when I didn't ask for them. Can't turn that down IMO.

Monster has done the same thing with Beats that they've done with nearly every other product I've seen them make. Mid-range product targeted at a high-end consumer. I mean, fuck, they sell 4-foot HDMI cables at upwards of $80 and boast that different cables, although they all adhere to the same HDMI specification, can provide higher quality video transfer than others in their own lineup. Their 400-series power wire with it's "flux tube", effectively decreasing the amount of copper in the jacket, lowering costs, and (through brilliant marketing) somehow doubling the price. And their Beats by Dre headphones. The same amount of bass I've heard from a $40 pair of Sony over-the-ear headphones with 5 times the pricetag. I've always been about a balance of function and form. The Beats have a certain style to them that appeals to a massive audience but they don't have the performance to be classified as a high-end headphone.

Now, onto the car.

I don't see this Beats by Dr. Dre sound system in the Chrysler being any more impressive than factory installed Bose systems or the Boston Acoustics systems found in the newer Camaros. It'll be better than your traditional "stock" system but much weaker and less impressive than an aftermarket one. Price/performance ratio is also huge for me and you don't get that with a factory installed "audiophile" setup like this.

You accomplished not sounding like a flaming asshole. :good:

I didn't know that the Camaros had BA in them. That's pretty sweet. I will correct you on a thing or two, however...

5ft Monster HDMI cable: $34 I'd know. I just bought one to replace my $80 rocketfish cable that stopped working after a few months of use. Shows price =/= quality, showing I'm not thinking that with Beats.

I thought the bose headphones/earbuds were decent. Not super impressed with them. It's moreso the compact home theater system that impressed me (I think it's like the $1000 5.1?).

I know the beats wouldn't probably be the BEST for car audio, as I've heard some amazing SQ setups that would be hard to beat (no pun intended) but I love Beats, and having it in a Taurus with lambo doors would add to the strangeness. It's nice to see they're expanding.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Archived