DC Sound Lab

Neos is stronger than level 6 and half the weight.....I've. Not heard the neos on music yet but I've heard many lvl6s. I'm curious to hear

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I think the Level 6's are a lot more musical. They both seem to hit as hard as the other. I was in 2 different vehicles with different setups so take that into consideration. I would put the Level 6 up as a nasty daily ground pounding sub. The Neo as a close runner up in that category but with more SPL potential. And a hell of a lot lighter.

What's up guys I know rusty has quite a few neo's in stock...

My question is how do they perform in 4th orders? what's the power handling? is it a 3" coil??

I'm hoping nick will chime in on this :) they just sparked an interest and I didn't know much about them

Thanks

Blake

I guess I cold help on this....

I have the first two prototypes in my van currently 4th order. If you didnt see it was doing 166.2 after only 2 months of working on it. I plan on trying 6th order over winter to see how that works as well. But they work well in the 4th order no question.

Say rated power handling? 2500 rms daily driving, even though they will hold much more. I originally designed these for Jimbo to allow me to use more of the power I had available and to push my Bassrace scores a little higher. They are no SQ sub by any means, but were designed to play music loud and for a long time!

I guess I cold help on this....

I have the first two prototypes in my van currently 4th order. If you didnt see it was doing 166.2 after only 2 months of working on it. I plan on trying 6th order over winter to see how that works as well. But they work well in the 4th order no question.

Say rated power handling? 2500 rms daily driving, even though they will hold much more. I originally designed these for Jimbo to allow me to use more of the power I had available and to push my Bassrace scores a little higher. They are no SQ sub by any means, but were designed to play music loud and for a long time!

Thank you! The funny thing is that right before I seen this post I was looking through some A team videos :) lol

I'm not to concerned with the sq... I'm trying to push the limits of my suburban we are adding steel to the whole cabin an strengthening every part of my truck...

That was some of my concerns was, A. Could it handle music daily and for long periods sub as bass race etc.... And B. did they work well in a 4th order and that kind of answers both post

Yes I had considered 12- M2 lvl6's but I have problems with clearance issues and the worry with motor force and imp rise like crazy....

And I had just been tossing ideas around so we will see what happens and where this goes but I'm waiting on an email or phone call from mr DC ;)

Thanks for the info :drinks:

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

I beat on my neos daily with music, all kinds and I mean all kinds from decaf to.country. they have yet to let me down... I myself would.like to see a difference in my personal vehical with lv6s....

OREGON STATE REP DCAUDIO & JUICEBOX BATTERIES

2x 15 DC Neos...

1 DC 9k

2 Sets of Hertz MLK 2 Mids with Scan Speak Tweeters

Zuki Audio Eleets

2x multicells

4 Runs of 1/0 back

2010 Subaru Outback

i run my Neos on a 12k daily and beat the hell out of them and they eat it up all day...yea i popped a few coils but that was on .25 bridged ohm load and i know i was clipping so its expected..as a matter of fact it was the coils glue that let go...i never actually burned a coil...i have slinkied them due to the enamel getting heated so the point of failure but that was me pushing them hard as hell on a clip. if i had better voltage i know i wouldnt have that issue

but i would safely say 3.5-4.5k per sub and they will eat that up. the cooling on them are awesome...i had them one time i was railing on it know i got them hot...pulled one out of the box because i was curious and less than a min they were cool to the tough again like they were never played. as far as being in a 4th order i have no experience w them like that so i cant chime in on that

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

to add to the SQ of the Neos...so far they have been my best sounding to me...ive had Level 4s, Level 5s and Neos all in the same box and the Neos take the win on loud and SQ. Ray Farmer at NSPL world finals even said that my Neos were some of the best SQ 18s he ever heard aside from the LMS Ultras.

i think the motor force helps AWESOME with a nice tight punchy bass but allows to focus on low notes just holding their tone as well.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!