I have a new updates...

New voltage sits around here

IMAG1289.jpg

IMAG1288.jpg

View from the bottom:

IMAG1291.jpg

View from the top:

IMAG1290.jpg

If you couldn't tell, this is a large case GM alt modified to put out around 300A max output. As it sat in this pic, I couldn't keep the dang thing spinning and had belt slip. I'm now reworking the parts to allow a tighter belt and hopefully less slipping.

Thanks for looking!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Good stuff Drew! Alt looks good- other than the slipping part that you are working on.

Numbers are Awesome! The windshield is breathing in those vids for sure.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Thanks Coiln!

I've gotten very accustomed to watching the windshield move and have become somewhat desensitized to it over the years BUT, I found a song on Zip 32 that I played with the 300A working and the amps starting at 15v and WOW I was convinced It was going to damage the windshield. The damn car is taking so much abuse right now its crazy.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

Did a 154.7 today outlaw woot.

TDH had an AWESOME show today outside Richmond, one of the most entertaining show I've ever been to.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Probably not.

I unwound the drivers side coil yesterday, probably because I played it with soft clipping for to long of a period of time without letting them cool. I'm looking around for replacement coils now.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

I already have new cones/coils lined up. I'm contacting PSI/Fixmyspeaker to try and acquire 10" spiders with sewn leads so hopefully they will be rebuilt sooner than later.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Yeah I usually go like 8-10min 12-15 song bursts of soft clip before I cut it off and let it cool. I just got carried away and let a note at the edge of my response ride for a long time with a soft clip after continuous demoing and sealed the deal.

I can rebuild them stronger, but can't make the coil any beefier and I can't increase the thermal capacity of the motor so hopefully it will be a lesson well learned and I can prevent it from happening again.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived