DC Sound Lab

Box Suggestions for two XL 18"s

5 per sub... subs up port back tuned to 32... what do I know I only pulled a 156.1 off of 7k with 4.. nonwall mind you...try that imo

Yea I did see you were runnin around 5 per sub, I think I'll build it around 12 net, that way I can test it bigger then take up some space and see what they like more

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, im messing with some numbers now. if anyone wants to help out heres my max dimensions

48" Wide

22.5" Tall

32-34" Deep.

Single walls except for double baffle, will be braced throughout with either dowels or 2x4s

Also thinking about inverting the subs, just a idea.

Displacement is .25 per sub correct?

subs up por back

I won't be upgrading power, I'm thinking anything below 6 cubes net per sub is too small.

It's in the cargo area of my Tahoe so plenty of room to play with

I have one in 6.5 net with I think 18 square inches of port per cube and it sounds awesome, just starts to get smelly on constant low songs

You my friend are Ignorant a couple of people with the most experience and the most success with DC audio 18"s have chimed in and you not only chose to ignore them you insulted them by remarking what you think is better.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

I won't be upgrading power, I'm thinking anything below 6 cubes net per sub is too small.

It's in the cargo area of my Tahoe so plenty of room to play with

I have one in 6.5 net with I think 18 square inches of port per cube and it sounds awesome, just starts to get smelly on constant low songs

You my friend are Ignorant a couple of people with the most experience and the most success with DC audio 18"s have chimed in and you not only chose to ignore them you insulted them by remarking what you think is better.

I did not say I thought it was better, I didn't not say I wasant taking there advice. Gtfo of my thread with your bs

I know damn well these people have experience with the same damn subs I'm running, you see where cj18 suggested 12 cubes net? That's most likely what I'm going with and eventually test smaller enclosures

I'm not ignorant

Ask them if I insulted them, if I did by all means I apologize

Outshines the IQ.

From Websters Dictionary:

ig·no·rant

   [ig-ner-uhthinsp.pngnt] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA adjective 1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man. 2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. 3. uninformed; unaware. 4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

I'll stand by my statement. And thanks for the complement. I think number 2 fits appropriately. Obviously your not stupid you just lack knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact. What gets me is when you are presented with the knowledge or fact you chose to rely on you vast wisdom and question the validity of champions!

Edited by Soapbox

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Outshines the IQ.

From Websters Dictionary:

ig·no·rant

   [ig-ner-uhthinsp.pngnt] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA adjective 1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man. 2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. 3. uninformed; unaware. 4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

I'll stand by my statement. And thanks for the complement. I think number 2 fits appropriately. Obviously your not stupid you just lack knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact. What gets me is when you are presented with the knowledge or fact you chose to rely on you vast wisdom and question the validity of champions!

I know I lack the knowledge that they guys that have posted in this thread have, I haven't been doing this as long as they have, shit I'm only 19.

I never said I wasant taking their advice. Thanks for your input. I don't like causing trouble so I'm going to stop this conversation here.