How to wire terminals on box.

I recently ask around and gathered the info to place bolts on the box itself and be able to quickly change ohm load (my prefrence) and do this myself after serching and not find much, so I thought it would be good to share.

First objective was to determin lengths of wire needed and make a shopping list of items needed to get picked up at local hardware store. This was written up for a single dvc woofer.

(4) bolts to go on box. Zinc plated.

(16) locking washers. Zinc plated.

(16) nuts. Zinc plated.

(10) terminal lugs. Copper.

a couple feet of wire. Ofc preffered.

and some heat shrink.

I first measured lengths I would need of wire and cut accordingly, 4 pieces of 3ft from woofer to bolts on box, 2 pieces of 4ft from bolts to amp, and lastly 2 pieces for jumpers of about 4inches. Soldered on copper lugs, used some heat shrink and you wires are done. Next mark where you would like your bolts to be mounted, making sure you leave enough space from one another so they don't touch. Drill appropriate size hole for bolts. How I secure mine was locking washer the bolt on both inside and outside of box. They should be really snugg and not move. So now you should be ready to wire and connect your woffer.

I will post some pics when I upload my pics.

Thanks for reading.

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

noprob, I figured someone can read and get some tips from my little mod.. but I am having trouble uploading pictures.. any tips?

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

noprob, I figured someone can read and get some tips from my little mod.. but I am having trouble uploading pictures.. any tips?

I go to photobucket, upload the pics, then I take the direct link from the photo on photobucket and click the little picture with the tree in it at the top of your post, post ur link in and click okay! there you go :drinks:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I use Imageshack for everything. Sizes everything from avatar to 19" screens

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Archived