Jump to content

Horn loaded compression drivers


pocket5s

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got them in the mail this weekend. If anyone needs any more pics or measurements give me a holler.

gfyu026.jpg

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

I got them in the mail this weekend. If anyone needs any more pics or measurements give me a holler.

gfyu026.jpg

Ah, nice. I'll expect an install video by the end of the weekend!

Posted

Yeah that would be nice but I won't be getting any drivers for them for a couple of weeks. Around the first week of Feb. I will post one.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Just got the horns in yesterday and spent today tweaking the gains and adjusting the phase of the speakers to raise the stage height and have a stronger center. They sound pretty good I just need to fine tune them. It was a good investment. Scroll through this video to hear them on different tracks.

It makes me wish I had more then 500 watts to my subs. Patience I guess...

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

Very nice! Makes me want a pair!

Current Set-Up

2004 Chevy Tahoe

Subs: 2 DC XL 15's

Box: 8.5 ft^3 @ 38hz

Amp: Amrican Bass VFL 500.1

Alt: Db Electric 250amp

Batts: 2 Kinetic HC 1200s

Radio: Pioneer 3300UB

Doors: Pyle Pro Mids/Goldwood Tweets

Amp: Alpine MRP-300/Hifonics ZX80.4

Wire: Kicker 1/0 Guage

Termlab: 153.1 Outlaw Style @ 46HZ

Posted

You guys are making me want horns wicked bad!

The initial cost is a little painful but it is worth it. ~400 They really are awesome.

Very nice! Makes me want a pair!

Thx.. They sound ridiculous on acoustic music and rap and techno makes me feel like my face will rip off. lol Having the 12" Selenium in the doors this summer will mate up a little easier. Lots of headroom for sure. I'll have a ton of dsp to go with it. I wouldn't even try something this crazy otherwise. :P

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 854 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...