Sonic Electronix

Any one use the Infinity Kappa 63.9i? 3 way

Im looking for a pair of 6.5 coxial speakers for an upcoming build that i want very loud in the mid high area.

I currently own a jbl power comps set in one ride and i love the loudness of the set and the sq so as you can see im not very picky on the brand i just want it very loud and very efficient set.

Im looking at the 3 way set from infinity kappa anyone used these i know for a fact the infinity/jbl brand are known for being very loud and efficient and personally i like the sq.

Any one with experience with this set or even the jbl p662 set but i imagine that the 3 way infinity at roughly the same power (100 rms each) will be louder.

Also budget is no more than 100 for a pair of 3 way or 2 way coaxial.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I had kappas before...they disappointed me for the price...but at the time I wasnt giving them a lot of power either....this was a few years back...at that time kappa 6x9s were $300...my friends polkDBs were way better

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Im looking for very loud output not really care for mid bass since the sub can handle the 80hz down.

I need very loud midrange and highs like obnoxiously loud and ive always heard the infinity jbl brand are both geared towards being very sensitive and loud.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

i installed these = Infinity KAPPA 692.9I 6x9 in a ranger not to long ago. The quality of the sound is better than kenwood or pioneer or even polk audio (tried them too). If you want to be loud i think those speakers are the way to go. check out this video and they where under powered at half the power. After wireing everything and using the DD-1 to set the gains, honestly they are loud enough for me because they make my ears ring if i play them too loud. pushing them with a RF 400.4 bd which is a perfect match.

i installed these = Infinity KAPPA 692.9I 6x9 in a ranger not to long ago. The quality of the sound is better than kenwood or pioneer or even polk audio (tried them too). If you want to be loud i think those speakers are the way to go. check out this video and they where under powered at half the power. After wireing everything and using the DD-1 to set the gains, honestly they are loud enough for me because they make my ears ring if i play them too loud. pushing them with a RF 400.4 bd which is a perfect match.

Omg that ranger has the same setup that mine has but I have kappa 3 ways different hu subs and amPs but its the same style box