Audacity is acting weird

idk if this has happened to any of you guys using Audacity but I was slowing some songs n stuff & when I go to check what amplitude the bass is, it's always around -1 db's & I know it can't be with what songs I was doing. I made sure that my plot spectrum is on spectrum, function on hanning window, size 16384,& axis on log. If anybody could help it would be very much appreciated.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

It's been doing that with me as well. I've been using the mic to see where the songs peak at. I disable the mic, then enable it again so that it drops to the bottom. Then I drag it across the screen so I can clearly see where the song peaks at. Hope I helped!

Yea, when I was recording my gmas old records through the mic it started acting weird but luckily I got it all figured out.

what? not sure i understand, use screenshots

if anyone can helps its me :drinks:

I got it all sorted out but thanks man for sure man.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

• 3 weeks later...

why would u think that's not possible?

I literally just downloaded the song from hotnewhiphop.com, went thru audacity, uploaded on photobucket and look

once you zoom in correctly you can see is actually LOUDER than you thought

untitled-83.jpg

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

This started happening to me as well, can you tell me the fix eltortuga? No way Nightmares Of The Bottom peaks @ 51hz @ -3.4db

I just deleted, then downloaded a new audacity. & that song probably does peak there but it's probably clipped to balls.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

This started happening to me as well, can you tell me the fix eltortuga? No way Nightmares Of The Bottom peaks @ 51hz @ -3.4db

I just deleted, then downloaded a new audacity. & that song probably does peak there but it's probably clipped to balls.

actually no, its just a loud song. there's very simple music in the background and a simple beat, so that allows room for lots of bass

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

actually no, its just a loud song. there's very simple music in the background and a simple beat, so that allows room for lots of bass

Oh, makes sense, I've only listened to that song a couple times.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading