Second Skin Audio

box choice

common port walls are port walls that are made by the outside of the box, basically shared walls, so in this box therer are 3 common(shared walls) the top of the box makes the top of the port, the bottom of the box makes the bottom of the port and the side of the box makes the side of the port, hope this helps.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

some one pointed out to me that i do need to put 3 for common walls and i did but it doesnt change the box enough for it to make a difference worth adapting to.

I admit that I'm new to the Torres Calculator, but the box looks like 2 common walls. Where does the 3 come from?

Not arguing, I'm wanting to learn ;)

What third wall? lol. I see a port and a box. You need to have 4"(Or however wide your port is)away from the back wall for the port to work correctly and allow air flow to smoothly exit the box....which is exactly how the design is done. =)

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

so is the 17,78" per sq foot of port gonna be to much? i know that the rule of thumb is 14-16 sq" if it would be better for me to go lower i can ( would save trunk space for battery and amps anyways )

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ok, so i did some redesigning to the box to drop the port area from 17+ to 15.5-16. same basic design just a slightly smaller box and port tune to 37-38 hz. ( dont remember all specs off the top of my head )

Now what im trying to accomplish is go from the 143.8 i did with the single 12 i had to a 145+ with the 2 12s i have. i am not increasing power by much. going from 2 ohm on 1 sub to 1 ohm on 2, power will maybe go up by 100watts rms (amp birthsheet 1780x1@2ohm 1880x1@1ohm). beside adding anohter sub and better box build i will be adding a 220amp mechman alt (stock alt 110amp? i think) and if i can gather the money before the first comp i will be adding a xs power battery.

with the added sub, box build, and alt do you think it could be possible to break 145.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.