Sonic Electronix

I bought a couple boss phantom 12's which are suppose to RMS at like 1100 watts or so to have some fun with.. dual 4 coils. I wired one up at 2 ohm and play it on a 40hz tone at like 100watts for a bit to loosen it up and then the fun begins! Or so I thought... It's in a sealed box per boss's recommendation and I shoot for like 500 RMS and the speaker spits and sputters so i go lower and lower until finally it can play a 40hz tone at 200 watts... i knew boss was shit but i didnt know it was this bad!

Lol lets see a vid. I had 2 of the 15's i got for free and 1 blew on about 300 rms clean so just hooked the other to a wall and watched it cook

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

Alright I'll try that, maybe even just free air them? I had a sealed laying around that matched so I through it in there.

EDIT: I don't have a video recorder right now, can't make a vid for ya.

Edited by Mad_Mike

Lol I'm not a newb at this, I have a three kenwood 12's in my car that can actually handle the 400rms they claim, and more! I can push them all at like 800 rms each without them even warming up. Going to upgrade to some AQ HDC3's though. I'll pull thing boss out of the box and see what it can handle free air, I'm actually having more fun than I thought I would with this 60 bucks! Hahaha.