Sonic Electronix

Omg dude, that's what I said LOL. 2k as a pair = 2k each was SARCASM. RMS DOES change... IN THE CIRCUIT. 2k as a pair = 1k each and 2k total, I GET THAT. The RMS does change period, IN THE CIRCUIT, as I have been referring to this whole time?

Oh, and those SA-10's are only 600-1000 watts? Then what the fuck are you talking about wiring two subs together doesn't change RMS? If you run those "about" 1000w RMS subs at 1 ohm on that amp, they're going to get 2k watts as a pair(2k EACH), according to what you said right? Obviously not, you wouldn't do that unless you were trying to kill those subs. So, you just proved your previous statement wrong, and answered my question all in one?
2k each? Wtf are you on about? he has a bit over 2k going to the 2 subs, as in 1 and a bit to each, he was trying to help you, try not to jump down his throat....

thankyou i appreciate that, not everyone on here is so kind.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

amp output devided by number of subs.

amp=2000

subs=2

so 1000 is how much each sub gets. and yes they will take that.

if you don't understand that, you should just hang yourself. if it was me, id jump off a building.

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Yes mikes_g6 your original post was wrong. You said it doesn't change handling capability, but wiring two subs apparently does when considered a pair. I understood your post as saying "RMS doesn't change so you would give them both 1k rms still as a pair wired up to one amp", it may have been my mishap, I don't know. Maybe you just worded it wrong. I'm sorry I had to be an asshole about it, shit happens y'kno. I'm truly sorry mikes_g6.

Oh, and those SA-10's are only 600-1000 watts? Then what the fuck are you talking about wiring two subs together doesn't change RMS? If you run those "about" 1000w RMS subs at 1 ohm on that amp, they're going to get 2k watts as a pair(2k EACH), according to what you said right? Obviously not, you wouldn't do that unless you were trying to kill those subs. So, you just proved your previous statement wrong, and answered my question all in one?
2k each? Wtf are you on about? he has a bit over 2k going to the 2 subs, as in 1 and a bit to each, he was trying to help you, try not to jump down his throat....

My bad, ive seen too many people coming here for advice then bitching at the people giving the advice, thought you was one of them, missed the according to what you said bit, apologies OP :drinks: my mistake.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Omg dude, that's what I said LOL. 2k as a pair = 2k each was SARCASM. RMS DOES change... IN THE CIRCUIT. 2k as a pair = 1k each and 2k total, I GET THAT. The RMS does change period, IN THE CIRCUIT, as I have been referring to this whole time?

im confused lets be serious and not sarcasm. The rms output of the amp changes. but in your op you asked about subs. ok so you have a 1200 rms amp @ 1 ohm. 3 400watt rms subs. and those subs put your amp at around 1 ohm (1.34ohms to be exact) so 1200 \ 3 subs = each will get 400 EACH. perfect match. ALSO 1200watts \ 400watts rms = 3 subs. so you have the right setup if that amp does 1200 watts clean. what i meant by rms changing is say that amp does 1200watts rms at 1 ohm. if you had a different sub configuration that put the amp at 2 or even 4 ohms it would put out less power! the high the ohm load the lower the wattage output of the amp. the lower the ohm load the more heat. understand ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

My bad, ive seen too many people coming here for advice then bitching at the people giving the advice, thought you was one of them, missed the according to what you said bit, apologies OP :drinks: my mistake.

wait what just happened ? was i wrong on something ?

wait what just happened ? was i wrong on something ?

Huh? Oh no I was sayin my bad to the OP, didnt mean to quote you too :rofl:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Okay I'll be completely serious here. I did not understand what you were trying to say in your post, you have justification for what you said so it's forgiven as far as I'm concerned. You were not wrong, I just took it wrong. My question originally was.. "Does wiring two 1000w subs together = 2000w demand?" And I kind of answered it for myself when I asked if you were running those SA-10's at 1k each on a 2k amp. Nobody has to try and explain anything to me, I'm not trying to argue that 2k as a pair = 2k each or any dumb shit like that. I'm justifying post following mikes_g6's post. I completely understand that you need an amp that can do all of the subs rms's added up at 1 ohm or, even 2 or 4 ohms depending on the amp you get or have. I have completely understood this the entire time. I'm sure this has been quite embarrassing for a few people, including myself. So let's just forget about this whole thing LOL.