Sonic Electronix

sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet bud!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Its all good man trust me i have made worse mistakes. but you got your answer correct and you understand it correct? just wanna make sure you got an answer so your not in the dark about it.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Actually, let's not forget this happened because I still do have a problem I could use some help with lol. I do plan on getting the amp tested with an o-scope to see when it's clipping. But I find it hard to believe that it will clip at 400 rms, when my other 1000w amp could push the two subs at 2 ohms with no problem and it was a kenwood too.. they were probably getting like at least 400 EACH on that amp. I personally think I may have fucked one or more of my coils, because this has been happening for two of the same model amps. Though it could be the amp model it self.. what do you guys think about this?

what do you mean clip at 400 watts rms ? where did you get that from ? here why dont you say what amp you are talking about (brand and model) same with subs ( brand and model) and 3 subs right ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

you get what you pay for basically. i doubt that amp will do 1200 watts and run good on 1 ohm. just not a very HIGH quality amp i guess to run at 1 ohm. if it were me i would go with this amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23548_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1200.1D.html

and the subs should handle 400 watts rms. so that would be perfect. but i cant speak for everyones opinion on why it would do rated. guess that amp is not good at low ohms

you get what you pay for basically. i doubt that amp will do 1200 watts and run good on 1 ohm. just not a very HIGH quality amp i guess to run at 1 ohm. if it were me i would go with this amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23548_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1200.1D.html

and the subs should handle 400 watts rms. so that would be perfect. but i cant speak for everyones opinion on why it would do rated. guess that amp is not good at low ohms

I have tried another amp, but it's only a 400 rms. I have tested it to push around 300 watts clean unclipped power in the past per channel. It's only 4 ohm stable bridged so I hooked up 2 subs to each channel and it's giving them 300 each. I clamp tested that too. The subs sound like... not as loud as they use to be when i first got them. I actually pushed the subs for a little bit on this amp before I got the kenwood KAC-9105D. It use to be similar sound from both amps, but now it's like the kenwood can do better but not for long because the output will go down. The 400w rms one just doesn't really move them like it use to, and it's been sitting on the shelf. With this 400w rms amp two of these kenwoods could flex my roof, and now with this amp two subs hardly vibrate my rear view mirror :(

how would you know its doing 500 watts ? and if it is in deed doing 500 watts and the sub is 400 watts rms i wouldnt do it.

That amp will only do 900 watts at 1 ohm. so each sub would only get roughly 300 watts . and yes it will not sound so good after awhile due to heat build up and running it at 1 ohm. find a sub that does 1200watts @ 1 ohm like the one i shoulded you.