Second Skin Audio

dc level 4 xls box help

So I have my two 15 inch level4 xls and its about time to start building a box for them. Winter doesn't have much left. They are going in a xlt 2000 ranger and I'm going to be powering them with a saz4500 how low can I tune this box and about how many cube feet should I have them in?

what kind of box are you doing?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

post up ur max dimensions and maybe somebody can work a box up for ya.. be the easiest way.. and you can tune as low as you want in all honesty you just typically have to give up port area as your port will simply be too long to accommodate very low tuning.. 34-35 htz can typically play a great range of music with authority

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

i would do about 3 cubes per woofer

tuned to 33 hz at 16sq in per on the port

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

• 2 weeks later...

Does this look right? its for 2 15" level 4 xls. the space i have to work with is W48xH24xD15 i was going to do flared ports. Let me know what you guys think.

Untitled-5.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/chubbse/Untitled-5.png

Edited by MrEwubbsZ

not enough port IMO..i would doing 6" aero ports if thats what you wanna do shoot for between 9-13 sqaure inches of port per cube with aeros and you should be fine

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4