Second Skin Audio

box design?

you really shouldn't need the brace in the port unless the sub is firing up.

it's an L5, i'm assuming not seeing that much power. my buddy overpowered his 10" L5's in the standard kicker box, and had no problems.. if anything i'd do a double baffle

ok, the sub and port are going to be facing the rear hatchback, so i should be able to get away without any bracing? and its a 600 watt rms mb quart amp.

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

usually i like to add some bracing. if you have wood leftover, i'd do a double baffle.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

usually i like to add some bracing. if you have wood leftover, i'd do a double baffle.

as in 2 pieces on the front? cause we did get a second front piece made as we where planning to make it flush. and again, thanks everyone really appreciate all the help

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

yes, the piece of wood that the subwoofer sits on is called the baffle. if you were planning on doubling up to make it flush you should be good. no bracing required.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.