Sonic Electronix

how many db's   

19 members have voted

1. 1. how many db's do you think im hiting

His first run with no adjustments was a 135 on the window with the door open @ 44Hz, after tuning it with the DD-1 he did the 137.5 again @ 44Hz. I tried moving the Mic to the seat headrest and we tried with the doors sealed and open the only thing I didn't try was the kick which I wish I would have now.

Really his main issue is power at this point. don't want to put him on front street but his power wire is horribly small and the stock Alt. is crap. The Alt. issue I think will be fixed rather soon I would think :santa:

But I was very concerned about his power wire situation to the point I cut the testing a little short because of it.

I will say that he is on the right track and was receptive to the advice I gave and let him know that his next metering was on the house.

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS

Headunit: Eclipse 8445 (sold)

Highs Amp: Eclipse 3620 (sold)

Sub Amp: Eclipse 3122 (sold)

Front stage: Memphis M class6.5 components (2007)

Sub: 1 Memphis M class 12" (sold)

SPL TermLab 130.7 (windshield) (selling)

Car Audio & Alarm installer for 16 years.

Pray for my daughter Katrina please!

i will admit my wire is about the worst case most people have seen but as soon as i have the money after i pay for the alt im getting 0awg wire http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/Cadence-0G100-RED-0-AWG-Gauge-17-Feet-Car-Amp-Power-Wire-Cool-Cable-Technology/17+FEET+0G100-RED.aspx and from that im going down to 4awg from a distribution block so it will fit in my amp and so i can put my 4 channel amp in for my highs

1998 neon R.I.P 137.5 db's

Youtube videos http://www.youtube.c...tingarrett64067

2000 Eclipse

Headunit = pioneer avh-p1400dvd

Subwoofers = 2 DC audio lvl 2 12's

Amp= Vibe bass 5 1500rms @ 2ohms

​Single run of 0awg power and ground wire

( Big 3 wire upgrade comeing soon )

I'd meter with the amp set with the DD-1, then turn up the gain more and meter again. You'll more then likely be louder with some clipping which should be fine for a 3 second burp...

:No: :No: :No: :No: :No: :No: :No:

please do not do this clipping will in no way make you louder. if any thing u would lose dbs from clipping. plus you risk ruining your equipment.

:No: :No: :No: :No: :No: :No: :No:

Where did you read that? Actually it could be louder... Clipping just from gains is a waveform distortion for when an amp is overdriven... Because the clipped waveform has more area underneath it than the smaller maximum unclipped waveform, the amplifier is actually producing more power... but its dirty power... You would be louder but would most likely burn up your equipment doing it. So dont do that OP :lol:

I know this from experience and a 3sec burp will NOT burn up equipment even if he's running total garbage.

Makes no diff that it's your daily driver, if you're metering and trying to put up your best number some clipping will more then likely get you there. Then dial it back when you're done...