1 Crossfire Xs V2 15" 1 Addictive Audio 500.1 (Vids Finally)

Soooooo I didn't take enough pics I already know this.. But I will have vids up very soon, and will also need some help on tuning this monster so please if anyone could jump in on how to go about doing this better... I have a 3sixty.2 I know how to use it very well. It's just setting the amp to the right level for the 3sixty is where im lost :/ ANYWAY....

I decided to go a different direction with this box.. Instead of putting it in the tire well I wanted to make this box a bit bigger and put it on my back seats. I don't really know what to think of it yet. I mean I hooked it up tonight and the damn thing moves a ton of air!!! But I can't seem to get the tuning right on the money yet!!! I know its brand new so it will have to break in so I'm not using anything near full power on it yet. Still though on the lower 20hz notes idk how its taking it yet. Box is 42" wide 20" deep and 17,3/4" tall (including the double baffle so really 17 in a box cal) Port is 3.75 wide by 18.5 deep and 40" long. I think the tuning comes out to right around 29-30hz so what is a good cutoff for a filter 22??

So I moved my whole setup from amps being on back seat to like this and i think im going to stick with that :) As for the box I may end up firing it backward tomorrow and seeing if that makes some difference then forward and figure out which i think is loudest. So for the pics I'm going with my last system first to show the difference. This is my xl in box with batts next to it. Amps are up in front of it this is the only damn pic i had of it... my bad guys i failed hard on that lol...

DCxlandbatts.jpg

This is my crossfire :D

crossfiresub2.jpg

Better view!

Crossfiresub1.jpg

Now for the new box

1326177090.jpg

Top baffle test fit

1326175933.jpg

Putting the baffle together

1326175788.jpg

Sub works great for a weight!!

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

Now for the rest of the build lol I hope someone here likes this stuff it took me a bit over a week to get this all done. I actually figberglassed the bottom of the box and then resin'd the sides and bottom of the baffle. She doesn't flex even a lil bit I can tell you that :peepwall:

Here is the sanding of the fiberglass... God it took me about 4 hours to sand this to glassy smooth..

1326175903.jpg

Got the test fit with the baffle after glassing and all

Crossfiresystem2.jpg

Sorry guys I told you I didn't take any pics... I moved the amps built the rack and battery boxes today. I had to unhook everything in my car and move it from about 3pm-8pm tonight... It got dark and I really wasn't gonna take the time to take the pics as I dont have a garage to work in.. So here is the finished for now product!

Crossfiresystem.jpg

I am going to paint the box silver and black I may even do a Crossfire logo on it once I figure out if its staying as is or whatever. I will also paint the batt boxes and amp rack of course.. All that will be black and silver as well. Hope you guys like and feel free to talk some shit if you see something stupid cause thats how i learn lol.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

well I would use max that 360 can output, and turn amp gain to minimum... then start to turn gain up on amp, while without clip indicator on amp, its hard to know if amp is clipping or not.

In that case turn gain up, for each song... sub should not sound distorted of heat up fast and too much... or get/find someone that has that indicator from Steve, to set your amp gain

Got carbon fiber dust cap???

In that case turn gain up, for each song... sub should not sound distorted of heat up fast and too much... or get/find someone that has that indicator from Steve, to set your amp gain

This is what I do and it has worked pretty good for me so far. I don't have access to an O-scope or DD-1 and have always just set my gains by ear. Usually start out at 75% vol and around 1/4-1/2 gain and go up or down on the gain from there. Play a wide variety of the music I listen to regularly and listen for distortion at full tilt while constantly checking the sub for heat amd smell. Usually have to tweek my ssf a lil as well. I try to stay within 5Hz of box tuning by rule of thumb. So a 30Hz tune will be ssf'd at 25Hz. It takes me a few days of tweeking it to get it right where I want it, but after I find that sweet spot I can jam full tilt for hours on end without my subs getting hot or stinky. Just my $.02.

:drink40: Awesome build btw, and nice gear. If I was to swap out my Alpha/PSI 15 it would only be for one of these or an SP4.

RPQf8-1.jpg

BALLIN ON A BUDGET

DEH-3200UB, HiFonics Eagle, 2 Selenium 8w4p and 2 QTW-18 Tweets

RD Alpha/PSI 15D2 & SS RUB1.2500D

4^3 @ 31Hz

IMG00007-1.jpg

I want to see vids also! And I want one of them amps so bad!!! Just fOr like collection purposes after I use it some bc there's only like 500 I think. And I wanna hear one of those subs badly!

Well there is actually only 50 of them made lol I have number 23 of 50 :D I will never sell this amp haha it's a beauty. Also as far as gains go I had a 40 min drive to work this morning so I decided to see what she could do. Last night when I was testing it I think it was soo cold that the car rattled bad enough I thought it was the sub. This thing gets fucxing down right nasty on some lows!!!! That comfortably numb bigpimpin song OMG! I took my mirror off on the highway cause it looked like it could break haha. That's still not close to full power either :) love this sub!!!

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

I almost got the sp4 I just didn't wanna wait for build time plus this has been proven to be one of the best subs made so I'm not mad ;)

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

Archived