Sonic Electronix

Hey guys,

Im entering my first competition Feb 6th. Soo Excited as this is the first comp im competing in.

A little bit nervous though, car is in the shop, head gasket decided to break so fixing that and running 0 gauge wires for 2nd battery. Should be ready in time for feb 6th.

For those of you dont know im running a budget build at the moment, 2 audiobahn AW121T 12" and powered by 800 rms.

Aiming for 150db LOL just kidding, being a first run just want to see where im at and how everything goes, amp is not even tuned properly, so anyone in Victoria, Aus, that has Oscope of DD1 greatly appreciate a tuning.

I was hoping from this post, i can get some feedback on peoples first time competing and some hints and tips of any sort.

Also music is another grey area, got some good stuff and looking around, suggestions are open.

cheers

I know exactly how you feel man. My first comp is on the 21st. I am also interested on music. Is there anyplace I could download tones or sweeps? And I'm most likely going to enter DBdrag.

Sorry for the thread jack

i always play around with songs a day or two before a comp, sit there for a bit and find the best song, my go to song for bassrace is airforces or juciebox, theres tons of others though, make sure theres no drops in songs, like....bassssssssssss....pause....basssssssss, youll loose a decent amount score and its a bitch to get back up

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Ideally you'd want to do a sweep to see where you peak at. then burp on a tone at that freq, then higher and lower also to see what's loudest.

Same if you have to play music, find a song that's at your peak freq or very close to it.

DbDrag offers burp classes and bassrace which is a 30sec average on music where you have a dB limit you can't go over.

And FYI, what sounds loudest to the ear will NOT be what meters the loudest.

Best bet is to get there early, ask questions and watch what others do. Normally there are plenty of experienced people who will help out a first time competitor. And have fun as that will make you want to come back which helps to keep the sport alive...

I was at a meca comp but I was there way early and talked to the people runnin it, explained I had never done it before and then when I pulled up for the official run they let me figure out what my peak freq was before I layed anything official down.. They was pretty cool..

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

That's pretty cool of them. I basically know everyone at the comp because they've all helped me with my build. So hopefully they'll let me do that when I get there. Does anyone happen to know where I could download test tones and sweeps? Thanks guys for your help! And sorry melb-bass for the thread jack