8x10 cab for bass guitar

Anyone ever do anything like this, I play bass guitar and never really thought about building my own custom can until recently.. Anyone have any info on this? Are they just a normal ported cab or t line or what? I kinda want to throw one together to do small local gigs and stuff and for messing around with a garage band..

Any info helps

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

I was thinking of more a single slot in the bottom tuned at around 33 hz I always used to drool over a hartke cab.. But I think I can make it myself and get exactly what I want.. I was also looking in to doing a full stack for y guitar too :)

I wonder how lower end car audio subs would react in this kind of application... With a nice full stack for guitar and a decent 8x10 cab and head for bass, along with my set, pa setup for vocals and spare laptop I could have a ghetto recording studio...

But I'm thinking 8 35 dollar Pyle 10 inch subs single 8 ohm..

Then 2 cabs of 4 Celestion rocket 50s in each..

Edited by 99fullsizechevy

I've seen em in both open and closed back.

Also, don't get SUBwoofers. get WOOFERS.. Your bass guitar isn't playing 80 hz and below exclusively. you want a broader range driver.

Maybe do 4-6 10's and say 2 12's or 2 15's..

Possibly 2 seperate cabinets.

Edit: eyeball the specs on these to see what i'm talking about.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=624

Edited by Sanitarium

Those plye are Replacment woofers, 50-4k hz range.. Cheap but they can always be upgraded later on to some eminence or a better brand.. I just wonder how it would sound and stuff... Compared to my single 15 combo

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=350485668640&cmd=VIDESC&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=65131605254

Edited by 99fullsizechevy

Those plye are Replacment woofers, 50-4k hz range.. Cheap but they can always be upgraded later on to some eminence or a better brand.. I just wonder how it would sound and stuff... Compared to my single 15 combo

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=350485668640&cmd=VIDESC&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=65131605254

Well see, different makes of woofers actually bring their own tone "color" to the table.

And since tone preference is subjective, you won't know if you'll like em till you try em.

PA and DJ speakers have a tendency to be very flat sounding drivers. Leaving the amp and effects a clean outlet so to speak.

If you're the type of person who likes using cabinet and amp digital emulation through multi-effects pedals and the such, then those drivers may actually be better for you.