Sonic Electronix

How to make additional speaker holes in my door?

I think steve has a video, but I'm having trouble finding it. I was wondering if someone can link me to that video and tutorials that go a little more in depth. Thanks!

What kind of car and are you trying to glass or are you just cutting directly into the door?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I think steve has a video, but I'm having trouble finding it. I was wondering if someone can link me to that video and tutorials that go a little more in depth. Thanks!

What kind of car and are you trying to glass or are you just cutting directly into the door?

I would like to add on to the door. I assume people use fiber glass and mdf like the guy below you said. I'm not 100% sure though.

Either way I do not want to cut into my doors, I feel that may look trashy.

Oh and Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 1994

Edited by lagexe

I've been looking and some sites that people are suggesting on other forums, and it looks like most people use some kind of template and make a fiberglass mold of that. Then bolt/screw it to their existing panel. Is that all there is to it?

Aside from cutting holes, painting, and installing the speaker?

If so, Hell I think I can do that.

Edited by lagexe

I didn't do glass on my doors the first time and I think it came out great but then again I am very limited on space between door and seat so I had to make it work. I will be doing pods this time around but only because I want to seal them in for a better response but cutting directly into the door won't look trashy if you do it right.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I didn't do glass on my doors the first time and I think it came out great but then again I am very limited on space between door and seat so I had to make it work. I will be doing pods this time around but only because I want to seal them in for a better response but cutting directly into the door won't look trashy if you do it right.

I'm not trying to question you, or be condescending, but are you sure? I have looked at a lot of doors on google, and a lot of people seemed to make theirs look trashy. (IMO)

If they is a chance it will look good and save me some money I will do it in a heart beat. However, I would like to see someone in a video or detailed tutorial. I don't have a lot of space between my panel and door frame (maybe a millimeter or so), so I would also have to cut into my frame. Is this possible?

I had ample space between by door and frame to fit my 6.5" speakers and it came out pretty nice IMO. The only reason it's changing I explained above and I am also adding more speakers and want a more custom look.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I had ample space between by door and frame to fit my 6.5" speakers and it came out pretty nice IMO. The only reason it's changing I explained above and I am also adding more speakers and want a more custom look.

Do you know of any good tutorials. I mean, I can cut perfect circles in my door, but that doesn't mean it will look good. I'm looking for some strong guidance.