Jump to content

Passive crossovers with amps


vans113

Recommended Posts

Posted

Got a noob question here guys, so i want to run a four channel amp to all my door speakers, there is 4 speakers in my car, but in the front i will be using coaxial speakers, so i will require a passive crossover, so I'm asking how to wire a passive crossover into the front door speakers, but use a power of a amp at the same time. I'm thinking i would run it would of the amp, and into the crossover, but I'm not sure if that would take away the power of the amp? Any who I hope somebody can help me out on this Thanks a ton to anybody who does :)

Posted

Why would it require a passive crossover? A coaxial speaker already has a passive crossover for the tweeters in it. Do you mean you will be running components up front? If so, yes you will have to use the supplied passive crossover that comes with the set if you are going to be running rear speakers as well.

My suggestion, ditch the rear speakers, put mids in the front doors and put tweeters in the pillars and run active. There's a reason it's called a 'front stage' after all.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Posted

sorry I'm kinda a noob to all of this =P so basically coaxial speakers only have 1 positive and 1 negative like a regular factory door speaker would? the reason I wanted to run coxial is because I didn't want to have to modify or cut anything that's not already stock on my car, the car is a 2004 caviler so there is no tweeters or nothing from the factory just 4 regular stock speakers. Thanks for all the help !

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1376 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...