I've been on this forum for quite sometime and I figured it was time to start a thread. I recently purchased a car, a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. I plan on doing a build soon, but transfered my old setup in it for now. I am running a Kx 1200.1 and a set of Powerbass Xtreme 12's @ 1 ohm. I am surprised at how it sounds with just the factory deck hooked up via a Pac line out converter. I do however plan on upgrading the subs and maybe the amp at a later time. (even though I love this amp!) I will be going with 2 Skar VVX 12's (wanna show support since they are based out of Florida). I already have a box design (designed by James or some may know him as jat4011 on youtube check him out) ready to go but ill take my time doing it. The box will measure H 18.25 X W 43 X D 15. I plan on puting 45's in corners for extra bracing and better airflow. The port will be H 16.75" X W 3" X L 30.75" (port will curve in the back of the box). Total volume will be 4.1 cubic feet after displacement. The subs will be firing to the back and placed together on the left aide of box with the port on the right. The box will be made from 3/4 inch mdf. I also plan on doing big 3 along with a D3100 and a 270 amp alternator. The mids and highs will be Rockford 6 1/2's in front and 5 1/4 in the back doors. ( haven't made my mind up on amp yet) I am open to suggestions and input on my plans. I am am still learning and could use some input.

2006 Chevy Trailblazer ~ KX 1200.1 ~ 2 Skar VVX 15" ~Big 3 upgrade ~ Pioneer AVH 4100 ~ 275 Amp Singer Alt ~ PRV 6.5 front doors~ 6000K Hids

:ttiwwop:

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

Pics will be coming soon I have them uploading and will get to posting them later if my headache goes away. Please be patient with me lol

2006 Chevy Trailblazer ~ KX 1200.1 ~ 2 Skar VVX 15" ~Big 3 upgrade ~ Pioneer AVH 4100 ~ 275 Amp Singer Alt ~ PRV 6.5 front doors~ 6000K Hids

IMAG0234.jpg[/img]

IMAG0232.jpg[/img]

IMAG0231.jpg[/img]

IMAG0236.jpg[/img]

Thanks, I'm thinking about the amp for the highs any recommendations? I was looking for a SAX 50.4 to run them but I haven't had any luck.

Edited by lilone71742

• 1 month later...

Finally was able to install a headunit. I got a Pioneer AVH p4100. I just finished with the install. I will soon put my carputer in. I bought a CNX-1900 but I have to order a 19V power supply to hook it up. I will upload pics of the install tom, but will be putting pics of the carputer in a while.

This is what showed up last week

avh4100.jpg

Internal pics of the Carputer

internals.jpg

pic of the bluetooth and wifi placed inside the case

wifiandbluetooth.jpg

All powered up

poweron.jpg

The carputer is running windows 7 embedded. Im running a Zontac motherboard with 1.5 gb of memory and a 500gb hard drive. I will be running RideRunner for all the music/video processing. I initially was going to run Centrafuse but it seemed a little buggy when playing movies. I am using the eLIte 2 skin and I like it. I will try to post some videos/pictures of it running on my existing computer monitor.

Edited by lilone71742