I think I have a problem with my DD-1

So you had bass boost up just like it tells you not to? And then decided to crank your gain after it was set because your gain was lower than the idiot who earfucked the gain before you? This is awesome.

I think u should read the manual again pal.. Step 5. If you have a "bass boost" switch set it to where you think it will be set when used.

Next off I never said I cranked my gains. I was talking about how the DD-1 is telling me two different distortion points on one track which doesnt make sense.. Then how is it going to set my gain lower on a -15db track than what it did on a -5db track.. Isnt the gain suppose to be set higher because from what the manuel says the -15db track is suppose to be louder system..

I received my DD-1 for christmas and set the gains on all 3 of my amps that day with no problem. I bought a new sub amp today and plugged it up with the settings like it was from the previous owner. It sounded awesome but I wanted to tune it with the DD-1 to make sure I was distortion free. I turned the freq all the way up, left the bass boost where it was with the previous owner which was half way, hooked up the DD-1, turned the volume up the my max volume and started turning up the gain. When the distortion light came on I bumped the gain down to turn off the light and noticed that the GAIN LEVEL WAS LOWER THEN BEFORE I started tuning it. In my mind I was thinking about tuning it with track 7 and for some odd reason I turned up the gain with the DD-1 still hooked up the distortion light kicked back on then made a popping sound from where the ground and positive lead connected. I hurried up and turned the gain down all the way. I turned my radio to track 7 to tune it. I started turning up my gain and when the distortion light kicked on I bumped the gain back down to turn the light off. The gain was even lower than what it was when I did it the first time on track 3. Did I mess up the DD-1 by that popping sound?

You sure that the leads were not touching eachother when they made the pop sound? Why would you care if the gain was lower then were the guy had it set at, it wasnt set correctly then.

Yea I tried resetting my amp 5 times and its still giving me different reading..

Again I dont give a shit about how the gains were set by the other guy.. I was talking about how the DD-1 is telling me two different distortion points on one track which doesnt make sense.. Then how is it going to set my gain lower on a -15db track than what it did on a -5db track.. Isnt the gain suppose to be set higher because from what the manuel says the -15db track is suppose to be louder system..

So you had bass boost up just like it tells you not to? And then decided to crank your gain after it was set because your gain was lower than the idiot who earfucked the gain before you? This is awesome.

I think u should read the manual again pal.. Step 5. If you have a "bass boost" switch set it to where you think it will be set when used.

Next off I never said I cranked my gains. I was talking about how the DD-1 is telling me two different distortion points on one track which doesnt make sense.. Then how is it going to set my gain lower on a -15db track than what it did on a -5db track.. Isnt the gain suppose to be set higher because from what the manuel says the -15db track is suppose to be louder system..

i think your dd1 has a problem with you

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

i think your dd1 has a problem with you

It worked fine on my two 4channel amps and my old sub amp

Re test the 4 channel and see if it starts to do the same thing. If it doesnt, then there could be something wrong with your bass amp? Any friends with equipment to test the dd1 with?

Edited by matt14

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3