Sonic Electronix

It cost me $60 to get mine oscoped at a local shop but it was worth it. Never knew lowering the gains could actually make it louder lol

what does oscoping do for me?

Getting it set with an oscope or a dd1 will set the gain. The gain isn't there to be used as a volume knob. The gain is there to set the voltage with your rcas coming from the headunit. By having the gain set to high past the headunits voltage will cause clipping and your coil to be smelled again, and the same thing will happen to it as your last sub

what does your electrical consist of...have you done the big 3,upgraded/extra batts, OEM or HO alt

Oem for now. I'm looking into a 2000 kinetic and a kicker big three in about a week or so.

It cost me $60 to get mine oscoped at a local shop but it was worth it. Never knew lowering the gains could actually make it louder lol

60 buck to get your amp scoped??? WTF kind of Oscope do they use?

Thats whats messed up with alot of Car Audio shops these days.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

what does your electrical consist of...have you done the big 3,upgraded/extra batts, OEM or HO alt

Oem for now. I'm looking into a 2000 kinetic and a kicker big three in about a week or so.

id get your electrical up to par ASAP,voltage dipping to low can kill equipment just like sending a clipped signal can.id suggest the big 3 and upgraded batt,not sure on the alt as im not familiar with how beefy they are on the nitro, someone else could chime in on that one for you hopefully.id also suggest getting a voltage meter so you can keep a eye on your voltage and know what it is at all times

• 2 weeks later...

could be a lot of clipping or distortion in the music you play or your voltage drop could be causing your amp to clip.

True true. Some of my songs are kinda shitty in quality.. could that be the reason. It makes sense. When I play music from a real cd it does fine. And my voltage is real decent. My gauge reads 14.3-6 regularly, some songs hit real hard though and it goes down a tad into the 13's but I dont think its that. Could it be how I have my levels set on my h/u?

Archived