Second Skin Audio

wiring and ohms

for a 5000 watt amp you will need 2500 watt subs, trust me it will be really loud good, subs at that rating are AA mayhems FI btl and some DC subs

There are others :ughdunno:

well whats your opinion?

Oh the Mayhems wil be just fine. I was just saying there's other brands like SSA, IA, Sundown, PSi, Techforce, AQ HDC4 etc. I personally would go with PSi. The Platform 3's can take up to 3k. Perhaps more and they are just as good as others But, with PSi you can get subs custom built to however you want!

the prices are not that bad either from what i just looked up on the off the shelf section, $445 for an 18" and 2500 rms.. i'm liking that.

Yeah their nice! Or u can request a custom built one. U can build it from the ground up and have it painted any color & anywhere you want!

Does that totally add the dollar signs though? or is it decently priced?

Just be honest, it's always a work in progress with ever changing plans.

T/S Parameters for standard Platform 3 18":

Revc = 2.7 ohms

Fms = 27.4 Hz

Qes = 0.45

Qms = 4.8

Qts = 0.41

Sd = 1217cm^2

Vas = 5206 L

BL = 19.5

Mms = 343.3 g

Sensitivity = 91.4 dB @1W/1m

Sensitivity = 96.0 dB @2.83Vrms/1m

Xmax = 60mm total

damn!

Maybe you should start off a little smaller... it's gonna cost thousands to completely upgrade your system.

5000 watt amp - then subs that can handle 5000 watts - then the electrical upgrades to support the 5kw amp - multiple runs of zero gauge wire - then upgraded speakers to keep up with the subs - then an amp to power those speakers - DD-1 to tune the whole thing - and a new box for the subs.

maybe start out with something you could work with on stock electrical. like a couple of VVX 12's on the sundown 1.5k or whatever package that was.

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Maybe you should start off a little smaller... it's gonna cost thousands to completely upgrade your system.

5000 watt amp - then subs that can handle 5000 watts - then the electrical upgrades to support the 5kw amp - then upgraded speakers to keep up with the subs - then an amp to power those speakers - DD-1 to tune the whole thing - and a new box for the subs.

maybe start out with something you could work with on stock electrical. like a couple of VVX 12's on the sundown 1.5k or whatever package that was.

thats proven to cost more then if he just saves and buys what he wants, he just have to do it slowly. since he already has the 2000 watt amp he can get 1 sub

5000 watt amp - then subs that can handle 5000 watts - then the electrical upgrades to support the 5kw amp - multiple runs of zero gauge wire - then upgraded speakers to keep up with the subs - then an amp to power those speakers - DD-1 to tune the whole thing - and a new box for the subs.

Sounds like a good idea haha

for a 5000 watt amp you will need 2500 watt subs, trust me it will be really loud good, subs at that rating are AA mayhems FI btl and some DC subs

There are others :ughdunno:

well whats your opinion?

Oh the Mayhems wil be just fine. I was just saying there's other brands like SSA, IA, Sundown, PSi, Techforce, AQ HDC4 etc. I personally would go with PSi. The Platform 3's can take up to 3k. Perhaps more and they are just as good as others But, with PSi you can get subs custom built to however you want!

the prices are not that bad either from what i just looked up on the off the shelf section, $445 for an 18" and 2500 rms.. i'm liking that.

Yeah their nice! Or u can request a custom built one. U can build it from the ground up and have it painted any color & anywhere you want!

Does that totally add the dollar signs though? or is it decently priced?

Decently priced. they should have the price posted on the site or just pm them

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

:LIKE:

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Whats is your budget for everything so we can narrow everything down. For the best setup

Edited by STL

5000 watt amp - then subs that can handle 5000 watts - then the electrical upgrades to support the 5kw amp - then upgraded speakers to keep up with the subs - then an amp to power those speakers - DD-1 to tune the whole thing - and a new box for the subs.

thats proven to cost more then if he just saves and buys what he wants, he just have to do it slowly. since he already has the 2000 watt amp he can get 1 sub

That sounds even better, I guess by electrical you mean stuff like Big 3, new alternators ect.