Sundown Audio

Wiring a Dual voice coil to a 2ch amp at 1 ohm

8MileRoad

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

You're only going to be able to wire down to 1 ohm depending on what speaker it is. You may see .7 ohms if your running Fi but you wont see .7 if you're running kicker. Be sure that your amplifier is 1 ohm stable, I don't remember seeing alot of 2 channel amps being 1 ohm stable.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

You're only going to be able to wire down to 1 ohm depending on what speaker it is. You may see .7 ohms if your running Fi but you wont see .7 if you're running kicker. Be sure that your amplifier is 1 ohm stable, I don't remember seeing alot of 2 channel amps being 1 ohm stable.

its an 18, thanks for the diagram

That will be 0.5 ohms on a 2 channel amplifier.

Those wiring diagrams are for monoblock (single channel) amplifiers. When you use two channels or strapped amplifiers your impedance is halved across each channel/amp.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived