Sonic Electronix

I got 50.00 says you fail/bomb the master test.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Pass the PG box this way.

Haha. They're mostly gone now. I've been picking through it for a year now.

Nah, basic ohms law.

Voltage goes up amperage goes down

And vice versa

............what?

This is basically what this thread is all about.

To be clear on the matter, if you are referring to me, I didn't realize you were talking about voltage drop at max current draw. I was thinking you were saying if your battery showed 14v then the other end of the wire would show 15% less.

So you can see my confusion at what I thought you said, chalk that one up to my stellar reading skills :)

As far as 1/0 current capacity, seems to be some conflicting information out there, and seeing as I have little background other than picking my step-dad's brain for 25 years, I got nothing to back up my claim other than a couple web pages.

so yeah :) lol

All good. I know it was just a bit of confusion. This whole damn thread is a bit of confusion.

When I first started in school we had 111 potential EEs( your not one until you graduate) and after year 4 we had 15. It isn't for everyone. I could probably past the mecp master exam without even looking at one piece of reference material so again who gives a shit.

Well only 30% of kids who go to college graduate, and most switch majors. That's pretty close to average numbers for an engineering program. I think the field of engineering totally sucks. That's why I never got into it. I worked for an architectural firm in high school, and if I had to do that every day I'd need a padded office.

If you can, go pass the test. No reason to be snotty about it. Just get it done. It's a great thing to show people you take your career seriously.

I got 50.00 says you fail/bomb the master test.

OOOOOOHHHH!

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

:\

I don't really see why people are getting all worked up here, bobwires asked a legitimate question and it seems everyone's immediate dismissal of his opinion caused the issue, not bobwires.

2005 Honda CR-V

AQ HDC315-A

Hifonics BRZ1700.1D .5 Ohm

4.4 ft^3 box

Kenwood Deck

Big 3

XS Power D5100R Starter, D975 Rear

I understand that, but that's not really what I'd call basic ohm's law. Volts and amps are directly related, so to say that when voltage goes up amperage goes down, and call it "basic ohm's law," is kind of silly.

But I understand what he was saying now... But is it even correct to say that amperage goes down when voltage goes up? I think the "vice versa" might be the only accurate part.

I think the field of engineering totally sucks. That's why I never got into it. I worked for an architectural firm in high school, and if I had to do that every day I'd need a padded office.

Why do you say that?

The load (amp, motor, light.....) will pull what it has to function, and if the voltage is higher the current draw is less. My coffee pot in the shop is 1700 watts - it has a cord with 16 gauge wires in it, and draws about 15 amps. At 12.6 v I'd need 1/0 cable because it draws 135 amps. The load will pull the same amount of watts regardless.

I think engineering sucks because it's incredibly boring - some people love it, but I can't handle it. Sitting in front of a screen all day, spending more time looking up specs than drafting.....

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

Archived