Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

People who do not know any better complaining about other people who do not know any better...lol

I know better than to run that amp and subs with a stock alt and battery with 4 gauge wire. Don't worry about that. I'm not a complete idiot haha.

You didn't seem to know that in the first post.

And it's more likely 2200W, seeing as the type X's are dual 4 ohm... Unless it's wired to 1 ohm bridged, then we have bigger problems.

No I did know this. I was just making sure that it was the problem for sure that's all. I like to get other peoples opinions sometimes that's all. And so far I have got some good information so I am pleased. Not just to get my buddy to stop being so damn stubborn and not listen to the jack asses that installed it.

Posted (edited)

No I did know this. I was just making sure that it was the problem for sure that's all. I like to get other peoples opinions sometimes that's all. And so far I have got some good information so I am pleased. Not just to get my buddy to stop being so damn stubborn and not listen to the jack asses that installed it.

He probably just doesn't want to admit he wasted so much money on the install. And I know that feeling lol. <_< But you gotta learn somehow.

No one's addressed the clipping issue yet so... He either needs to get a DD-1 or have a reputable shop tune his amp for him. The remote may still indicate clipping, but at least you'll know it's not.

Still definitely want to replace that 4 gauge. I hope for now it's at least fused properly...

Edited by LZTYBRN
Posted

No I did know this. I was just making sure that it was the problem for sure that's all. I like to get other peoples opinions sometimes that's all. And so far I have got some good information so I am pleased. Not just to get my buddy to stop being so damn stubborn and not listen to the jack asses that installed it.

He probably just doesn't want to admit he wasted so much money on the install. And I know that feeling lol. <_< But you gotta learn somehow.

No one's addressed the clipping issue yet so... He either needs to get a DD-1 or have a reputable shop tune his amp for him. The remote may still indicate clipping, but at least you'll know you're not.

Still definitely want to replace that 4 gauge. I hope for now it's at least fused properly...

I know right. worst part is the place that set it up for him is the only place around. Personally I think I would have done a better job than them. I atleast would have put the right gauge for wires haha. I will chose to hook my stuff up my self. Cheaper and if something goes wrong I have my self to blame and that's that.

Posted

The clipping issue has definitely been addressed. Just got to read...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 826 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...