Sonic Electronix

My buddy bought two alpine type X's with a Hifonics Colossus amp. They installed it with 4 Gauge wire and it clips when you turn it up. It doesn't seem like they are hitting as hard as they should be able to without clipping. If he changed it to 0 Gauge wire would the clipping stop?

how do you know its clipping

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

he should be using 0 gauge regardless. the shop that installed it is retarded as fuck for using 4 gauge. if they did that i cant imagine what else they fucked up on. whats his electrical look like? thats a 3000w amp and i hope to god he's not running it on a stock alternator and battery with no big 3 done.

And if they lack the ability to correctly install the amp, I would assume it is possible that the amp is clipping. I assume the gains have been set grossly incorrectly.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

he should be using 0 gauge regardless. the shop that installed it is retarded as fuck for using 4 gauge. if they did that i cant imagine what else they fucked up on. whats his electrical look like? thats a 3000w amp and i hope to god he's not running it on a stock alternator and battery with no big 3 done.

Okay I said it didn't seem right that they were using 4 gauge. I'm gonna get him to go back and tell them to put 1 gauge. Thanks for the help guys.

Id believe my wife telling me I was clipping before that knob.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Okay I said it didn't seem right that they were using 4 gauge. I'm gonna get him to go back and tell them to put 1 gauge. Thanks for the help guys.

just putting 0 gauge wont solve the problem...